18 replies to this topic

#16 Zip_ME87

Zip_ME87

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

The best coach at UofA is sitting in the football office.

I thought the accepted name of the sport in the U.S.A. is "soccer". :D

At any rate, your intended opinion and mine differ, but I'm happy we have both. TB still needs to prove himself at UA, but I expect that he will.

#17 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

@g-mann17, good one on the stats. :) But I don't think KD is dismissing fan expectations. I think he's just pointing out the reality that higher expectations are harder to live up to. If a reporter ever asked KD if he would prefer that Zips fans have higher or lower expectations for his teams, how do you think KD would respond? @GP1, no deflection intended from me. I agree with you that "coach speak" and execution are two entirely different subjects. Sorry if my previous post wasn't clear on that. Coaches can be entertaining with their words. But fans ultimately want to see game results.

#18 Z.I.P.

Z.I.P.

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

I need a breather and think I'll head over to the Zips soccer/Caleb Porter threads. "This is Akron!" :NCAAC:

Thanks 88! I think the pressure on Akron coaches must get pretty strong when so many are looking forward to another :NCAAC: banner on campus in '12. :wave:

#19 skip-zip

skip-zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Faust?

You could easily make the argument that he is the best coach we've had in our D-1A history.

But in a few years, I sure hope I can say that Bowden has dethroned him.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users