2 replies to this topic

#1 Keener'92

Keener'92

Titan of the Tankard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

...and no mention of NR1. What gives? Seems like he fell off the face of the earth.
LINK

#2 johnnyzip84

johnnyzip84

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

A couple of things come to mind: 1) Maybe we (I was as big an advocate as any) were wishful thinking on Nick as a D-1 linebacker. Unless he's hurt, I'm wondering if he simply doesn't have the speed to play in a Coach Amato defense. 2) I absolutely LOVE having Coach Amato in charge of the defense! Was there every any doubt that he would develop a quick understanding of "what works and what doesn't" in the MAC (referring to his "a league that space is so very important to be able to play in" comment)? I have more concerns about the talent on the defense right now as opposed to the offense, but I have no doubt that Coach Amato will make the wise calls in both personnel and tactics. By the end of 2012, I expect the Zip defense to be playing better than any we've seen thus far at the Info. It'll take a while for the LB newcomers in August to get their D-1 feet wet.

Bowden Ball 2014.....Fiat Lux.

#3 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,483 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

Nice article.

michgamebanner2.jpg

"I've been fortunate in my life time to be part of some big wins, and that would have been the biggest" —Terry Bowden on UA@UM

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users