Hashtags and hashmarks

ZachTheZip

Maybe we should think of doing something similar, given our athletic department's prevalent use of Twitter.

How would a "#GoZips" look on Summa Field? I would make sure it's temporary, though. Given how quickly things change on the internet, Twitter could become a ghost town once the next big thing happens, like what happened to MySpace.

Maybe we should think of doing something similar, given our athletic department's prevalent use of Twitter.

How would a "#GoZips" look on Summa Field? I would make sure it's temporary, though. Given how quickly things change on the internet, Twitter could become a ghost town once the next big thing happens, like what happened to MySpace.

I don't see a problem with it. But heck we can't even paint the concrete walls surrounding the field.

I don't see a problem with it. But heck we can't even paint the concrete walls surrounding the field.

I've always wanted them to put some banners over the concrete, similar to what they do at Browns Stadium. Leaves room for advertising like hastags, sponsors, retired numbers, bowl game appearances, conference championships, etc. Even put "ROO ZOO" really big in the endzone by the empty "student sections" Not that we have a lot of accolades but would really give a cool look, instead of the bare concrete.

If I remember correctly Mississippi State was actually the first school to use hashtags on a football field.

AezYebgCMAAx9RH.jpg

Being on the field is a bit of an overkill, but stadium walls is okay...

you mean the concrete we thought was going to have brick on it to match the rest of the stadium?

Well they were supposed to have brick around the scoreboard too. Both would have been nice cosmetic additions, but I guess they didn't see it as a must financially. I had heard they didn't want to use brick on the scoreboard because it would make it easier to expand the stadium in the future. Using the current placement as temporary. But really doubt they will be adding more seats to InfoCision in the next Century... Hopefully they'll eventually put brick up or some graphics to cover the concrete stadium walls.

Any word on why there is only one message board on the east side of the stadium?? I wish they could actually use it for game stats and not just ads for pizza and Taylor Made Jewelry. :zzz:

Came down to cost (ended up cutting out the other ribbon board last minute), and they do use it for game stats and scores, but we have to have some stats to actually put on it, and as you recall, we were not very stat heavy last year.

I'd be content if they showed more scores from around NCAA. This was done all the time at the Rubber Bowl. Not so much at Info.

p.s. I'm with AKzipper, that concrete needs some banners right away. Bare concrete is not a good look for a stadium

Came down to cost (ended up cutting out the other ribbon board last minute), and they do use it for game stats and scores, but we have to have some stats to actually put on it, and as you recall, we were not very stat heavy last year.