2012 Spring Football Game

LZIp

I think this game is worth it's own thread with the shot of rejuvenation the program has had during the off season.

I'm looking very forward to this game. See what players are improved, and seem to be excelling in the new system. Curious to see QB play and Chuck Amato's defense!

Any word on recruits that will be attending the game?

Go Zips!

Beautiful weather forcasted for the game Rain and 42...Yep, sounds like an Akron Spring Football game forecast to me! Can't this team ever catch any luck?

seen that as well, ugh. I plan on attending, with some friends as well. People are definitely more excited about Akron football. Hopefully the weather will change and be decent and we may have a decent crowd (for Akron anyways).

The weather forecast is not so bad right now, but even so Coach Bowden says in the clip below that they'll move it indoors only if they absolutely must.

The other key point is that the game will be played 1's against 1's and 2's against 2's. Looking forward to watching some fierce competition at the Info!

http://gozips.com/sports/fball/2012-13/rel.../201204197wh902

Coach Bowden will be very busy tomorrow with a bunch of radio interviews. Is there anybody out there who can get a recording of each of these? I honestly don't understand why all talk radio shows don't put up podcasts. Or if nobody can't record, at least post a rundown here. I'm interested not only in what coach says, but also how the various media people behave.

Anybody planning on doing any tailgating today or just showing up for the game?

Working around some other plans today so we're looking at a "tailgate light". My definition of this is bringing a small beer cooler, a few chairs and a couple of subs from Jimmy Johns or Penn Station. I expect to be there around 2:00.

Any word on if it's indoors our outdoors yet? I'm bringing the wife and kids and we need to dress the little ones appropriately. I heard they were going to make a decision at 11:00 but haven't seen anything yet. I assume this means outdoors.

Pretty sure I seen outdoors on twitter.

edit: here ya go:

Zippy ‏ @FollowTheRoo

Retweet

Favorite

· Open

This afternoon's football Spring Game will be played outside at InfoCision Stadium. Kickoff is set for 3 pm.

If you want to take along a spring roster, here's a printable one. In the past we could not get them at the game.

On the back (if you print both sides, I threw together a depth chart from an early 2011 one, with players taken out who are gone now. And some of the new players added. I'll redo the whole thing in the fall.

If you want to take along a spring roster, here's a printable one. In the past we could not get them at the game.

On the back (if you print both sides, I threw together a depth chart from an early 2011 one, with players taken out who are gone now. And some of the new players added. I'll redo the whole thing in the fall.

OK, it works now.