Spring practice blog post for April 17

Nice summary again, George :wave:

After watching the video highlights, I'm a little surprised you didn't bring up Bre' Ford. From the little I can gather, this guy seems to be having a monster of a spring. You may not be aware that he broke into the starting lineup last year as a true FR (out of Bethel Park, PA) and was starting to catch the eyes of a few fans with his hard hitting from strong safety. Then he suddenly disappeared from the team, apparently (though never confirmed) due to some off-the-field issues. I was very happy to see him back on the roster this spring. And now it looks like the new staff has instilled a "ball hawk" mentality in him. Doesn't he have at least three INTs this spring? I'd be curious to get your opinion of his play.

I'm making my 1st player-specific, out-on-a-limb prediction for 2012. Bre' Ford will make at least ONE ALL-MAC team!

Go Zips!!

I'm glad Bowden is so focused on developing the offense to score big plays. If watching the Zips and Browns has taught me anything, lack of big plays results in boring football, frustrating drives, and setting for a lot of field goals. An explosive offense will be fun for everyone, and put people in the stands...BUT can it ever happen??

Thanks, GT!

Looking forward to the piece on Jarrod Pughsley. He's caught my eye in a number of the photos on Ohio.com. He looks like a monster.

Here it is!

I had a chance to meat Jarrod briefly in Lot 9 after a game late last year, and I was impressed with the way he carries himself. It's great to read that the injuries last year don't seem to be slowing him down this year.

Nice summary again, George :wave:

After watching the video highlights, I'm a little surprised you didn't bring up Bre' Ford. From the little I can gather, this guy seems to be having a monster of a spring. You may not be aware that he broke into the starting lineup last year as a true FR (out of Bethel Park, PA) and was starting to catch the eyes of a few fans with his hard hitting from strong safety. Then he suddenly disappeared from the team, apparently (though never confirmed) due to some off-the-field issues. I was very happy to see him back on the roster this spring. And now it looks like the new staff has instilled a "ball hawk" mentality in him. Doesn't he have at least three INTs this spring? I'd be curious to get your opinion of his play.

I'm making my 1st player-specific, out-on-a-limb prediction for 2012. Bre' Ford will make at least ONE ALL-MAC team!

Go Zips!!

Good pick-up. Over the past few years there hasn't been anyone in the secondary that offenses have to worry about. Thats either in coverage or run support. There has been no intimidation factor for receivers going over the middle either. There have been some guys on the roster that might have been able to do that but the coaches never really went that direction. Even if Ford isn't great in coverage if he can tackle(which has been lacking in the secondary) and find the ball in the air that changes what the defense can do elsewhere on the field.