Browns' Holmgren to Speak at UA

johnnyzip84

Not that I have any personal affinity for the Browns, but I think this is another stellar marketing move by Coach Bowden.

Well I'm a Browns fan, but not a Holmgren fan so much. Not that I hate the guy, just don't have much faith in him right now. I'm sure he'll give one of his speeches about building for the future and patience and all that stuff that we've heard a million times. Probably even draw those comparisons between the Browns and Zips that so many in NE Ohio like to do. But the sad part is, the Zips actually are improving while the Browns are getting worse. I think I'm more excited to hear that Jim Donovan is also going to be there. He's very respected in Cleveland.

whatever holmgren says.....do the opposite

Yeah. I think the Browns would be better off buying a magazine for draft day. They couldn't do any worse, and they would save a lot of money.

Oh, come on. Some of you sound like a bunch of Pittsburg Pirates fans. Keep that negative mindset away from the zips.

I'm not negative about the Zips, but the Cleveland Clowns...I mean Browns...that's a different story.

I was in Phoenix for 2 weeks. Lived there at one time. Its interesting that as much as folks in this area at times like to think this is the center of the sports universe,you don't see much if any mention of the Browns,Indians,OSU,Akron etc out there. I know there are some transplants out there. Its interesting to get something other than the home town perspective every once in a while.

I was in Phoenix for 2 weeks. Lived there at one time. Its interesting that as much as folks in this area at times like to think this is the center of the sports universe,you don't see much if any mention of the Browns,Indians,OSU,Akron etc out there. I know there are some transplants out there. Its interesting to get something other than the home town perspective every once in a while.

I agree with you. I also lived in Phoenix(Buckeye to be more specific) for 6 years. There are transplants out there, but if it wasn't ASU, they did not care and that was even debatable at times. I remember I was in Native New Yorker and they had Akron Soccer on. Every one was watching and it felt great. It was even better because Since everyone knew me, and they knew I was from Akron. I got the same questions (what is a Zip, ect.) and they could not believe that they were that good :bow: