16 replies to this topic

#1 johnnyzip84

johnnyzip84

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Not that I have any personal affinity for the Browns, but I think this is another stellar marketing move by Coach Bowden.

Bowden Ball 2014.....Fiat Lux.

#2 akzipper

akzipper

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Not that I have any personal affinity for the Browns, but I think this is another stellar marketing move by Coach Bowden.

Well I'm a Browns fan, but not a Holmgren fan so much. Not that I hate the guy, just don't have much faith in him right now. I'm sure he'll give one of his speeches about building for the future and patience and all that stuff that we've heard a million times. Probably even draw those comparisons between the Browns and Zips that so many in NE Ohio like to do. But the sad part is, the Zips actually are improving while the Browns are getting worse. I think I'm more excited to hear that Jim Donovan is also going to be there. He's very respected in Cleveland.

#3 mivid12

mivid12

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

whatever holmgren says.....do the opposite

#4 zippy5

zippy5

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

As a Steeler fan, I'd like anyone affiliated with the Browns to stay away from the Zips. We're bad enough.

#5 LZip

LZip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Yeah, lets hate on Holmgren, it's not like he has taken multiple teams to the Super Bowl or anything :rolleyes:

#6 g-mann17

g-mann17

Nonsensical Rambler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Yeah, lets hate on Holmgren, it's not like he has taken multiple teams to the Super Bowl or anything :rolleyes:

Lerner has taken some teams to the super bowl too, but they don't play in Cleveland or play American football...
"At least we know what the hell we is...we's a ZIP!" - Butchie Washington

#7 Zip_ME87

Zip_ME87

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Yeah. I think the Browns would be better off buying a magazine for draft day. They couldn't do any worse, and they would save a lot of money.

#8 GP1

GP1

Pontificator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Couldn't agree more...
"...you want it to be one way. But it's the other way." --Marlo Stanfield, The Wire

"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple." - Woody Guthrie

#9 GP1

GP1

Pontificator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Well I'm a Browns fan, but not a Holmgren fan so much.

Having Mike Holmgren's job is like being named captain of the Titanic AFTER the ship hit the ice. That franchise was doomed from the start.
"...you want it to be one way. But it's the other way." --Marlo Stanfield, The Wire

"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple." - Woody Guthrie

#10 ksu sucks

ksu sucks

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

Oh, come on. Some of you sound like a bunch of Pittsburg Pirates fans. Keep that negative mindset away from the zips.
Posted Image

#11 Zip_ME87

Zip_ME87

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Oh, come on. Some of you sound like a bunch of Pittsburg Pirates fans. Keep that negative mindset away from the zips.

I'm not negative about the Zips, but the Cleveland Clowns...I mean Browns...that's a different story.

#12 zen

zen

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

I have formed no opinion of Holmgren's tenure with the Browns yet. Regardless, he does have a respected history in the NFL, and speaking about football in Akron is not a bad thing at all.

#13 akzipper

akzipper

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

Wait a minute...I'm confused...the Pirates have fans? I thought they dropped down to AAA years ago lol

#14 zippy5

zippy5

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

Wait a minute...I'm confused...the Pirates have fans? I thought they dropped down to AAA years ago lol

Someone might want to compare attendance numbers between Pittsburghs AAA team and the Indians lately.

#15 CincyZip

CincyZip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Someone might want to compare attendance numbers between Pittsburghs AAA team and the Indians lately.

The Ohio ball clubs are not doing too well this year so far. The Reds are in 20th place (27,141 average), while the Tribe are in dead last (18,219 average) in the MLB.
My middle name is Intelligence...OK, it's actually just Allen. Bobby Bowden follows me on Twitter...and who are you???

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users