16 replies to this topic

#16 Lee Adams

Lee Adams

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

I was in Phoenix for 2 weeks. Lived there at one time. Its interesting that as much as folks in this area at times like to think this is the center of the sports universe,you don't see much if any mention of the Browns,Indians,OSU,Akron etc out there. I know there are some transplants out there. Its interesting to get something other than the home town perspective every once in a while.
[SIZE=7][FONT=Geneva] ziptex

#17 lance99

lance99

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=53687634716

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

I was in Phoenix for 2 weeks. Lived there at one time. Its interesting that as much as folks in this area at times like to think this is the center of the sports universe,you don't see much if any mention of the Browns,Indians,OSU,Akron etc out there. I know there are some transplants out there. Its interesting to get something other than the home town perspective every once in a while.

I agree with you. I also lived in Phoenix(Buckeye to be more specific) for 6 years. There are transplants out there, but if it wasn't ASU, they did not care and that was even debatable at times. I remember I was in Native New Yorker and they had Akron Soccer on. Every one was watching and it felt great. It was even better because Since everyone knew me, and they knew I was from Akron. I got the same questions (what is a Zip, ect.) and they could not believe that they were that good :bow:
When in doubt, blame everything on a directional michigan school!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users