IT'S OVER!!!!!!

I just popped the bottle of champagne. Of course you guys wouldn't know this, but the MAC gives out CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS in basketball for the REGULAR SEASON CHAMPS, not the tourney champs. Akron Basketball's new motto: "Choke City!"
You had to figure Antonio would be over in no time. I wanted the regulaar season title, but let's be honest...no MAC team is getting an at large. We'll see you in Akron Saturday for your ass kicking, then we'll see you in Cleveland to give you another...enjoy your regular season title, because:1) You aren't winning the MAC Tourney2) You aren't getting an at large3) You have 4 important seniors leaving and just lost two scholarships that could've replaced them because your players can't get even mediocre grades. Next year, while your flushes go down, Akron will continue to rise, adding Wood, Conyers, and some stellar recruits. Nobody remembers the MAC regular season champ...only the team left standing in Cleveland.

That's what sometimes happens on the road...in the MAC...on Senior night. If we win on Saturday, the Buffalo loss won't mean anything. Yeah, the regular season title would have been nice, but beating K-ent and winning at the Q are what counts. There's no one we can't beat on a neutral court.Now the fun begins!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

How will we win with only ELEVEN SCHOLARSHIPS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! We lost the two because of the five transfers' grades (dead weight). But we still maintain our six players this year, three guys that redshirted (including a 7 footer), and can still sign two others. How will we get by??????? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

buffalo was 17-11.winning on the road against a decent mac team is not automatic. we can still beat Can't and win the mac tourney. in all reality we were not going to get an at large bid anyways.not to make excuses for the performance tonight,but the mac tourney is all that matters.it would be nice to beatCan't, and leave their season ending on a sour note.

buffalo was 17-11.winning on the road against a decent mac team is not automatic. we can still beat Can't and win the mac tourney. in all reality we were not going to get an at large bid anyways.not to make excuses for the performance tonight,but the mac tourney is all that matters.it would be nice to beatCan't, and leave their season ending on a sour note.
And now we sound like Ohio fans. :wall:

Me thinks Can't State, I don't know-- but I do recall that OU won the prize in CLE and went dancing, like said above reg season Champ means nothing that important, it's who wins the tourny championship that counts. I think that is an poor way to decide the championship. E Mich or Cent Mich could win 4 games in a row and represent the MAC this year!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh yeh, hey Gates: take this :screwks: & stick it where your head is most of the time.WBALAL

Giving out rings to the regular season champ? That's dumb, even dumber if you don't win the tournament.
A Hipsher-led Zips team got rings (1998)...and promptly lost in Round #1. In MAC hoops, the ring don't mean a thing. It's a good gauge of your capability...but you need to reel off 3-in-a-row in Cleveland or you're just a foot note.

Bobby Knight, while at Indiana, didn't like the idea of a conference tournament. He believed it devalued the goal of winning the conference regular season. He's right. And he was speaking from a Big 10 perspective, where @ least 5 teams usually get NCAA bids. This idea is even more true in a conference such as the MAC, who this year will, unfortunately, be a 1 bid conference. No one should take away anything from the regular season champs - this would only serve to make most of the regular season relatively pointless and boring (and besides, we Zips fans will be loving it next year when we run away with the MAC regular season title.) But really, the only thing Can't has won thus far is the #1 seed in the main event - the MACC. Next week, as much as it hurts me and I cringe when I say it, is all that ultimately matters.

gotta play with what is dealt you. if we had no tourney, i'd have no problem saying Can't is mac champs. but we do and it is yet to be determined who the mac champ is. i'd be the first to say we weren't the best team in the mac last year in football (we will be this year) but we did what it took to be mac champs and therefore we are :macc: .right now, no one is the champ in b-ball. whoever wins three in cleveland is the rightful champ. be it us or god forbid, the team in blue and piss yellow.

Hey A$$holio,The Bengals won the AFC North.The Steelers won the Superbowl.Which would you rather be, a Superbowl winner or a conference champ?Now shut your pie hole and get on your knees and beg The Almighty that Can't gets the whole sausage otherwise it only means something to a Can't fan and no one else.Can't has and always will SUCK.Go away. Make room for the new MAC Champ. :screwks: :macc: