Scout.com deletes their Akron page

ZachTheZip

If you try to access akron.scout.com it redirects you to their main site. It was only a matter of time, with no new content being written and the message board occupied by random trolls from other schools.

Still, it hurts to see, because having a Scout site is an indicator that a university has a strong athletics program.

And now it's back. What is going on?

Honestly, I would rather have it deleted. A lot of people out there assume that that is the main Akron message board (because they assume that everyone is on either Rivals or Scout and that independent websites can't exist), and they see that its empty except for some idiots posing as Zips fans to mess with people.

Using scout or rivals would be going backwards. Anyone with a brain knows how to use google. If you google Akron Zips, zipsnation is usually top 3. I think it looks worse when schools don't have an independent site and are forced to use rivals or scout.

Whatever. I think you miss the point. All MAJOR programs have independant sites and sites at the major recruiting websites. My high school has an independant site...big deal.

We look small time as we are one of less than 10 D1A programs with no sites on Rivals.

Find a school that has a rivals site and no independant site. I doubt they exist.