The Football Golf Outing Returns

ZZZips

Hey Captain, have your reserved your foursome yet. One of your continuing gripes has been resolved. The football golf outing is back.

Fliers are in the mail. They have a title sponsor this year, "Leaf Filter", a gutter protection product.

Reserve early if you want to attend.

Hey Captain, have your reserved your foursome yet. One of your continuing gripes has been resolved. The football golf outing is back.

Fliers are in the mail. They have a title sponsor this year, "Leaf Filter", a gutter protection product.

"Gripe" has a negative connotation. I would prefer- "Continually informed the University that their head football coach was an anti-social idiot whose interpersonal ineptitude was only exceeded by his on-the-field, game-day ineptitude." It reads longer, but is more accurate.

Thank God I never spent a dime on an Ianello Golf Outing. Man, would that have sucked.

I have not reserved a Bowden foursome yet, but do have one. Thanks for the reminder. Money will be sent asap. :wave:

"Continually informed the University that their head football coach was an anti-social idiot whose interpersonal ineptitude was only exceeded by his on-the-field, game-day ineptitude."

It may be wordy, but much more precise than "gripe". :)

I see why you didn't include a link to any information on the outing...you wanted me to search on the UA web site for 20 minutes, and then give up.

I think the "Events" calendar on Gozips.com should be updated for some event being held on the 11th of June. Just a thought.

I see why you didn't include a link to any information on the outing...you wanted me to search on the UA web site for 20 minutes, and then give up.

I think the "Events" calendar on Gozips.com should be updated for some event being held on the 11th of June. Just a thought.

I was provided with a flier and made the original post based upon it. I didn't even check to see if Gozips.com had been updated. I'll send a note to the staff today to get the info on their website. Glad to hear you are coming back to support the event.

I'll be back, but is "back" the right word? I'm not sure I left?

I agree. Two puzzling choices of words.

"Gripe" means you're a whiner. I just cut a check for roughly $800 for 4 season tickets & Z-Fund donation for the 2012 football season. This, coming off two consecutive 1-win seasons where I cut similar checks. Sorry for being a griper. :rolleyes:

"Coming back?" - UA left (cancelling the Outing). I never left, despite UA doing everything in their power to drive me away. I'm glad they're back. The Golf Outings are one thing UA has consistently done right over the years.

I do complain about things UA screws up royally. That's my right for paying the thousands of dollars/year to support the programs. Call it griping...constructive criticism..tough love. Whatever. But it's truth.

I'm glad I'm not the only one confounded by the GoZips site.

I can't imagine it's at all difficult to make fan outreach (and appreciation) a primary goal. This is an area where the U needs to step up its game big time. Yes I had a great time visiting the club areas for the spring game. The ushers were friendly and there was an air of hope all around. Loved it.

But the lousy half-hearted fan "organization" during the MAC b-ball tourny is still gnawing at me.

I agree. Two puzzling choices of words.

"Gripe" means you're a whiner. I just cut a check for roughly $800 for 4 season tickets & Z-Fund donation for the 2012 football season. This, coming off two consecutive 1-win seasons where I cut similar checks. Sorry for being a griper. :rolleyes:

"Coming back?" - UA left (cancelling the Outing). I never left, despite UA doing everything in their power to drive me away. I'm glad they're back. The Golf Outings are one thing UA has consistently done right over the years.

I do complain about things UA screws up royally. That's my right for paying the thousands of dollars/year to support the programs. Call it griping...constructive criticism..tough love. Whatever. But it's truth.

Leaf Filter (Leaf Filter Website) is a company owned by Matt Kaulig -- Matt played QB for the Zips from 1992-95, and made a very generous donation to help make the golf outing possible. I know he attended all of the alumni functions associated with the Spring Game last weekend.

Thanks, Matt!!

Leaf Filter (Leaf Filter Website) is a company owned by Matt Kaulig -- Matt played QB for the Zips from 1992-95, and made a very generous donation to help make the golf outing possible. I know he attended all of the alumni functions associated with the Spring Game last weekend.

Thanks, Matt!!

I'm surprised that no one has commented on this post from yesterday...

A former player/alumni stepping up and getting involved not only with his presence at functions, but with actual money donated to the program is a big deal, IMO. It seems like we need more of this kind of support from former Zips players --- not just $$, but their involvement/time, etc....

(EDIT --- SORRY! WAS TYPING THIS AT THE SAME TIME AS CAPT WAS POSTING....)

Where did you get the flyer? The "events" link contains no link to a sign up sheet?

"Trivia night" has a Download link, but the Golf Outing says "Check back for more information". When...June 12th?

If someone can link to a real .pdf that I can download, fill out and send in, your first outing beer is on me.

Where did you get the flyer? The "events" link contains no link to a sign up sheet?

"Trivia night" has a Download link, but the Golf Outing says "Check back for more information". When...June 12th?

If someone can link to a real .pdf that I can download, fill out and send in, your first outing beer is on me.

I'm told that it will be live on GoZips today...

Here you go, Captain!

Z Fund - Link to Golf Outing Flyer

• 2 weeks later...
I played at Firestone today.. Thought I saw Coach Bowden and I wanted to run over with my Zippy headcover and say hi, but I didn't wanna run into some group that wasn't him :lol: would anyone (cough NZF cough) know if he was there today?

Next time you play there, invite me to join your foursome. I know exactly what he looks like! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Golf allows for interaction with three other people.

Moderator note:

I f'd up and accidentally hit the "Edit" function instead of "Reply." This deleted a lot of GP1's post, since I only wanted to reply to a short section. The gist of his post was recommending that people take advantage of the post-golf dinner, as it affords the opportunity to interact with a lot of Zips fans you cannot meet on the course.

Sorry - CK