Much ado about 90 K S U

K92

By the way, this is a really good article. It shows how the world operates. Laws, rules and regulations are established, and then creative people figure out ways to get around the rules without actually breaking the letter of the law if not the spirit of the law. It's called survival. It helps explain why humans are currently the dominant species on the planet.

which creates more headaches in posting links than it creates satisfaction in seeing the rival's name morphed into a joke.

I respectfully disagree. Can't State IS an endless joke of a university and alumni base.

Or, ZN.o could grow up and eliminate the cute but old and worn feature that won't allow the name of the Zips rival to show up here, which creates more headaches in posting links than it creates satisfaction in seeing the rival's name morphed into a joke.

PM ZW directly, or don't complain.

Or, ZN.o could grow up and eliminate the cute but old and worn feature that won't allow the name of the Zips rival to show up here, which creates more headaches in posting links than it creates satisfaction in seeing the rival's name morphed into a joke.

I personally like it. It really isn't that hard to get around.

By the way, this is a really good article. It shows how the world operates. Laws, rules and regulations are established, and then creative people figure out ways to get around the rules without actually breaking the letter of the law if not the spirit of the law. It's called survival. It helps explain why humans are currently the dominant species on the planet.

Actually it's called the regulatory dialectic.

Instead of bickering about the name of the school, this just shows another example of how pathetic MAC Football is. FBS football tied with a pretty bow on it. I had season tickets the last two years and there are a bunch of high school programs that easily get more fans in the seats than Akron and Ken.t. I am glad we now finally have, what seems like, a real coach, but if this football team cannot be competitive in the MAC conference and Bowden can't turn it around, it's time to drop a level and give up the FCS pipe dream. Either way, they will never compete for a national championship.

Instead of bickering about the name of the school, this just shows another example of how pathetic MAC Football is. FBS football tied with a pretty bow on it. I had season tickets the last two years and there are a bunch of high school programs that easily get more fans in the seats than Akron and Ken.t. I am glad we now finally have, what seems like, a real coach, but if this football team cannot be competitive in the MAC conference and Bowden can't turn it around, it's time to drop a level and give up the FCS pipe dream. Either way, they will never compete for a national championship.

debbie downer much?

LOL now that's some spin right there! From law and sociology all the way to anthropology and philosophy

PS, using the board's filters/censors to change KÉnt to Cant is not nearly as annoying as changing Flåsh to Flush. The Fla$h word occurs a lot as a verb and adjective.

I didn't notice anybody bickering about the name of a school in this thread, but I did notice one guy who doesn't know the difference between the FBS and FCS. :wave:

LOL now that's some spin right there! From law and sociology all the way to anthropology and philosophy

PS, using the board's filters/censors to change KÉnt to Cant is not nearly as annoying as changing Flåsh to Flush. The Fla$h word occurs a lot as a verb and adjective.

I'm pretty sure that the flash change was already made.

Edit: Now I'm sure of it. :)

Back to the topic at hand!

Actually this is the dummest article I've read in some time. Not because of it's content, but rather its insistence on a malfeasance that never happened. Reading it was much like watching Geraldo Rivera open Capone's Vault. IMG gave money to Can't State as part of their broadcast agreement. Per NCAA regulations, schools may use tickets sold as a benchmark. The athletic department simply had IMG purchase tickets instead of making a straight payment. Either way, the money goes into the departments coffers. The chosen option simply satisfies an NCAA requirement, hopefully until the situation can be resolved. The AD was asked to fulfill the requirement, and he did that, and recieved his contractual bonus. Let me repeat the fact that Can't State followed the rules. No one lost anything, no students were screwed, the police are not involved, end of story. Seems like a lot of work for a student bent on creating a controversy to make a name for themselves and kick start a career in a field that is dying faster than Sarkozy's political career. In the end this is what we get. Journalism based on creating controversy. In reality it only served to highlight the fact that Can't's anti-sports student culture is still largely in tact after all these years (defference paid to actual Can't fans like Axeme, DocCan't State) unless we're discussing basketball, because..... you know.... they win alot and were on tv when they played in the tourney...... so then it was ok.... :rolleyes:

Here we thought we had it rough with iCoach :lol:

I would really appreciate it if someone could find Akron's actual attendance numbers. I remember having an argument with a few people on here last year about soccer outdrawing the football team in attendance. There were football games that had less than 1,000 people in 2011 so I have a feeling I was right.

@bobbyake, one thing we all agreed on in that other thread is that there has been a huge gap between announced paid attendance and unannounced actual attendance at Zips football games.

Actual numbers of butts in seats probably exist somewhere within the administrative offices at UA, as I believe they scan a ticket or student ID card for every person who actually enters the stadium, and that scanned data probably goes into a central computer file.

However, it's likely that those actual attendance numbers are kept secret by UA to avoid the embarrassment of public disclosure.