18 replies to this topic

#16 Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:36 AM

In the end this is what we get. Journalism based on creating controversy.

Well said. This is why I can't stand ESPN anymore. ESPN owned the pre-internet world. Now it's just sad to watch.

Does the destiny of the entire UofA rest in the hands of Terry Bowden?

#17 bobbyake

100% Zip fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Interests:The Zips, Accounting, business

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

I would really appreciate it if someone could find Akron's actual attendance numbers. I remember having an argument with a few people on here last year about soccer outdrawing the football team in attendance. There were football games that had less than 1,000 people in 2011 so I have a feeling I was right.
Forget about the Buckeyes, Go Zips!!
Twitter: AkronsBobert
Rubber City Brigade FB & Twitter
Posted Image

#18 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

@bobbyake, one thing we all agreed on in that other thread is that there has been a huge gap between announced paid attendance and unannounced actual attendance at Zips football games. Actual numbers of butts in seats probably exist somewhere within the administrative offices at UA, as I believe they scan a ticket or student ID card for every person who actually enters the stadium, and that scanned data probably goes into a central computer file. However, it's likely that those actual attendance numbers are kept secret by UA to avoid the embarrassment of public disclosure.

#19 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,384 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

I would really appreciate it if someone could find Akron's actual attendance numbers.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."—Aaron Levenstein

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users