Springfest

Im sure most of you didn't or couldnt go... but for those of you who did, what were your thoughts?

I didn't get to spend the entire time there thanks to work, but what time I did spend there was pretty good. Thought it was well-run and entertaining for the most part. Fireworks were great and though I was skeptical about 3OH!3 being the headliner (they were big like 2 years ago), they weren't anywhere near as bad as I was thinking. This all goes without saying that much improvement can be made, though. I still think the University could integrate some sporting event (softball or maybe even a spring exhibition soccer game) into the mix, along with getting a more relevant headliner.

However, the last 3 years I think have shown a lot of growth and maybe this means with a new arena would help bring in better entertainment (bands/artists)??

BTW... It was AWESOME to see Jim Tressel walking around Springfest. Had he not been busy talking to his wife, I would have stopped to talk to him.

I thought this year was the worst Spring Fest so far. 3oh3 was 'eh' but i can't complain, i hear some people like that crap (still think Jack's Mannequin would have been better, especially since it won the vote).

But the things to do were lamer than ever and the fact that it was gated in would have been a good idea if the beer was actually allowed to be taken out of the pen they set up for drinkers. Why even serve beer if you have to be stuck in a gated area? Also, the patting down and wanding of people coming in was a bit ridiculous.

Hopefully they learn from the mistakes and finally do something similar to 2010 when it was actually a nice event.

Oh, and the baseball game was awesome. Great effort by the Zips in front of a big crowd.

But the things to do were lamer than ever and the fact that it was gated in would have been a good idea if the beer was actually allowed to be taken out of the pen they set up for drinkers. Why even serve beer if you have to be stuck in a gated area? Also, the patting down and wanding of people coming in was a bit ridiculous.

Hopefully they learn from the mistakes and finally do something similar to 2010 when it was actually a nice event.

Oh, and the baseball game was awesome. Great effort by the Zips in front of a big crowd.

That was the original plan...until stupid Can't messed it up with College Fest. After College Fest happened they changed their minds to not allow people to roam with alcohol. :screwks: