Slate Article on College Football

GP1

Article

His last answer raises some serious questions. Are we at fault for being fans?

Of course it shouldn't be banned. I'm of the opinion that football below the ages of 7th grade should be outlawed. Children are getting head injuries at too young of an age and he impact of those injuries can last a lifetime. I don't believe the majority of the people coaching Pee Wee, etc. are able to properly instruct very young children in the proper way to safely play football. Most Jr HS coaches don't either, but some structure could be put around their coaching to make them more effective. I don't believe the children are fully able to understand and execute the coaching lessons below 7th grade either.

Article

His last answer raises some serious questions. Are we at fault for being fans?

Of course it shouldn't be banned. I'm of the opinion that football below the ages of 7th grade should be outlawed. Children are getting head injuries at too young of an age and he impact of those injuries can last a lifetime. I don't believe the majority of the people coaching Pee Wee, etc. are able to properly instruct very young children in the proper way to safely play football. Most Jr HS coaches don't either, but some structure could be put around their coaching to make them more effective. I don't believe the children are fully able to understand and execute the coaching lessons below 7th grade either.

I have to agree with the Grate One here. Head injuries should be postponed until the 9th grade at the earliest.