College Cup 2013

@sprtswtr: Villanova will serve as the host school for the Men's College Cup to be held on Dec. 13-15 at @pplpark in 2013.

Great! now I can get mugged in Chester, PA while attending the College Cup. :D

I like that it will be hosted in a MLS stadium.

Great! now I can get mugged in Chester, PA while attending the College Cup. :D

I like that it will be hosted in a MLS stadium.

In 2003, it was in Columbus Crew Stadium. I guess they decided after 10 years to go for an MLS stadium in the north again.

In 2003, it was in Columbus Crew Stadium. I guess they decided after 10 years to go for an MLS stadium in the north again.

That shows that they want to be fair. But, with NE Ohio often getting hammered with Lake Effect snow that time of the year, I doubt if they would ever take a chance on Akron. And would they even consider a stadium that only seats a couple thousand people? Maybe do it in Infocision?

That shows that they want to be fair. But, with NE Ohio often getting hammered with Lake Effect snow that time of the year, I doubt if they would ever take a chance on Akron. And would they even consider a stadium that only seats a couple thousand people? Maybe do it in Infocision?

Didn't the stadium in 09 hold about the same as ours?

Didn't the stadium in 09 hold about the same as ours?

No. According the Website, the seating capacity is 10,000 for the locaiton of the 2009 title.

That would be great if we could find a way to host that here. It would be great for Akron. But, I think the lake-effect snow patterns of December, along with the small venue, would make that impossible. But we do have Info, if we can put a dome on it :D

No. According the Website, the seating capacity is 10,000 for the locaiton of the 2009 title.

That would be great if we could find a way to host that here. It would be great for Akron. But, I think the lake-effect snow patterns of December, along with the small venue, would make that impossible. But we do have Info, if we can put a dome on it :D

I believe WakeMed Soccer Park (Cary, NC) only holds 7,000

Park Features

* Lighted stadium field, two lighted practice fields & five additional fields

* Permanent stadium seating for 7,000 with expansion capability

* Concessions, locker rooms, rest rooms and meeting space

* Outstanding cross country course with 5K, 6K and 8K marked courses (adaptable to other distances)

* 2,600 parking spaces

Perhaps it was 10,000 with standing room

Park Features

* Outstanding cross country course with 5K, 6K and 8K marked courses (adaptable to other distances)

* 2,600 parking spaces

Not sure what First Energy stadium seats, but I'd guess around 2,500. With standing room, we packed 5,200 in there but I don't think the NCAA would be interested in that.

Park Features

* 2,600 parking spaces

Some Wiki page told me it was 10,000 seating. Go figure. Could it be that they expanded the seating for the title games? Anyway, we might not even be at 1/4 of that. So, I'm guessing that's out of the realm of possibility. It would be great, though.

Some Wiki page told me it was 10,000 seating. Go figure. Could it be that they expanded the seating for the title games? Anyway, we might not even be at 1/4 of that. So, I'm guessing that's out of the realm of possibility. It would be great, though.

They might have added a little additional seating but they didn't need it. It wasn't anywhere close to sold out. Terrible weather may have had something to do with that.

They might have added a little additional seating but they didn't need it. It wasn't anywhere close to sold out. Terrible weather may have had something to do with that.

Thanks for blowing my day with this thread! :( You're likely to get crumby weather anywhere East of the Mississippi, except South Fla. in Dec. Akron will be a favorite pre-and post season for a while, but I like to think sunny Southern California is lucky for the squad. :wave: