Tressel Watch

Now that Tressel has officially started at UA, I figure we can keep track of what he's doing in this thread. It seems as if UA is already getting him out there quite a bit.

Tressel spoke at Manchester High School last week. ESPN Cleveland's website is featuring an advertisement for a luncheon with Tressel on May 31st.

This blog claims that Tressel planned to retire from coaching after 2012, before the scandal even occurred.

Finally, I'll share a cool story from a friend of mine that I think you will all appreciate. He said he was sitting on the steps of Buchtel Hall in between his classes and was wearing an Ohio State t-shirt. An older gentleman in a suit approached him, smiled, and said, "Hey, we need to get you to the bookstore to get a new shirt."

He looked up to see the man was none other than Jim Tressel.

I seen Coach Tressel walking near the corner of Allyn and Wheeler today while on my morning run.

That doesn't seem very safe haha...I remember back in my UA days if you ventured south of Exchange you're pretty much guaranteed to be mugged. Hopefully Tressel had some bodyguards!

...should this be in the football thread or General Campus?
I'll move it to "General Campus" now, since the only thing we have proof of him doing is trying to sell an Akron T-shirt.

When someone else can provide some more information (hopefully basketball), we'll move it again.

That doesn't seem very safe haha...I remember back in my UA days if you ventured south of Exchange you're pretty much guaranteed to be mugged. Hopefully Tressel had some bodyguards!

Eh...during the beginning of this school year, it seemed that crime South of campus was as bad as it's been since I've been here (I believe I even posted in a thread about it). However, I don't believe I've gotten a single email from the University Spring Semester. They'll usually email when a murder, robbery, etc happen near campus. Seems like there is an increase in police and the UPA has their own patrol vehicles now along with guards, cops, whatever you want to call them walking the streets daily.

If you had said that to Tressel, he might have asked you when you were planning to take your first UA English class. :)

I'm actually done with all of my English classes at UA. Just a typo ;)

Eh...during the beginning of this school year, it seemed that crime South of campus was as bad as it's been since I've been here (I believe I even posted in a thread about it). However, I don't believe I've gotten a single email from the University Spring Semester. They'll usually email when a murder, robbery, etc happen near campus. Seems like there is an increase in police and the UPA has their own patrol vehicles now along with guards, cops, whatever you want to call them walking the streets daily.

Go to the Akron PD website. You can plug in specific street names(you can do multiple streets) and you can find all the incidents that drew a response for whatever time period you want. South of campus is a very busy area.

:lol: I got tear-gassed there duting the infamous Katheryn Pl riots!!

Go to the Akron PD website. You can plug in specific street names(you can do multiple streets) and you can find all the incidents that drew a response for whatever time period you want. South of campus is a very busy area.

I sure hope UPA can actually accomplish their vision for the area south of campus. I doubt it will happen, since the initial plan showed a complete rebuild of the area. But it's a nice thought. I'd be happy if they could at least clean up exchange and make it a safe and enjoyable place for students and fans on gamedays.

• 4 months later...

Perfectly understandable L. They should never have put the e and n keys so close to the s, a and w keys. Bless your heart.

• 2 months later...
Tress was among a group who had lunch on Tuesday at Progressive Field with Nick Swisher (even mentions his position with Akron in article).
Glad he is working hard...for the Indians. If Tressel can help land Swisher that should really help the Zips out.

At least there isn't photos all over the media of him wearing Columbus State garbage while doing it like last month. :nutkick:

Funny thing is the Indians went through all that trouble, yet Swisher will just use his Tribe offer as leverage to get more money from a team that wants to win. I honestly don't care if Tressel was there or not. I'll admit I'm still kind of uncertain as to what he's done for UA so far. But if he takes one day off to go have lunch with a guy, I really couldn't care less. It's not like UA paid for it? Do we expect him to spend 24/7 at his office in Buchtel? I know for certain none of us spend that much time at work. So can't really criticize someone else...

Coach Tressel was quite visible at the A-PB basketball game. Looking dapper and glad handing like a politician.

I'd say that he was representing his new work place just fine. Heard he turned down a chance to be head coach

of a sad sack NFL team. Reason? Just built a new home in Medina county, and, he may be in line to succeed

Porenza. I kind of like that idea.

Funny thing is the Indians went through all that trouble, yet Swisher will just use his Tribe offer as leverage to get more money from a team that wants to win. I honestly don't care if Tressel was there or not. I'll admit I'm still kind of uncertain as to what he's done for UA so far. But if he takes one day off to go have lunch with a guy, I really couldn't care less. It's not like UA paid for it? Do we expect him to spend 24/7 at his office in Buchtel? I know for certain none of us spend that much time at work. So can't really criticize someone else...

Coach Tressel was quite visible at the A-PB basketball game. Looking dapper and glad handing like a politician.

I'd say that he was representing his new work place just fine. Heard he turned down a chance to be head coach

of a sad sack NFL team. Reason? Just built a new home in Medina county, and, he may be in line to succeed

Porenza. I kind of like that idea.

both spot on. Some of our community's dislike of Tressel (esp Dr. Z) is a mixture of disturbing and sad.

Something tells me Swisher has $50 million more reasons to play for Cleveland than Tressel. Tressel and Urban M. getting involved in something like this is just stupid beyond words. Really, what's the point? He's a 32 year old major league baseball player with an actress wife who has played for one of the top three sports franchises in the world and has a World Series ring....not a 17 year old high school kid.