33 replies to this topic

#1 UAZip0510

UAZip0510

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

Now that Tressel has officially started at UA, I figure we can keep track of what he's doing in this thread. It seems as if UA is already getting him out there quite a bit.

Tressel spoke at Manchester High School last week. ESPN Cleveland's website is featuring an advertisement for a luncheon with Tressel on May 31st.

This blog claims that Tressel planned to retire from coaching after 2012, before the scandal even occurred.

Finally, I'll share a cool story from a friend of mine that I think you will all appreciate. He said he was sitting on the steps of Buchtel Hall in between his classes and was wearing an Ohio State t-shirt. An older gentleman in a suit approached him, smiled, and said, "Hey, we need to get you to the bookstore to get a new shirt."

He looked up to see the man was none other than Jim Tressel.

#2 LZip

LZip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

I seen Coach Tressel walking near the corner of Allyn and Wheeler today while on my morning run.

#3 akzipper

akzipper

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

I seen Coach Tressel walking near the corner of Allyn and Wheeler today while on my morning run.

That doesn't seem very safe haha...I remember back in my UA days if you ventured south of Exchange you're pretty much guaranteed to be mugged. Hopefully Tressel had some bodyguards!

#4 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

Collaborator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

If you had said that to Tressel, he might have asked you when you were planning to take your first UA English class. :)

#5 skip-zip

skip-zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

That doesn't seem very safe haha...I remember back in my UA days if you ventured south of Exchange you're pretty much guaranteed to be mugged. Hopefully Tressel had some bodyguards!

That's what I was thinking.

#6 bobbyake

bobbyake

100% Zip fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts
  • Interests:The Zips, Accounting, business

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

found this on facebook. Tressel was at Springfest. BTW, should this be in the football thread or General Campus?
Posted Image
Forget about the Buckeyes, Go Zips!!
Twitter: AkronsBobert
Rubber City Brigade FB & Twitter
Posted Image

#7 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

...should this be in the football thread or General Campus?

I'll move it to "General Campus" now, since the only thing we have proof of him doing is trying to sell an Akron T-shirt.
When someone else can provide some more information (hopefully basketball), we'll move it again.

michgamebanner2.jpg

"I've been fortunate in my life time to be part of some big wins, and that would have been the biggest" —Terry Bowden on UA@UM

#8 LZip

LZip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Eh...during the beginning of this school year, it seemed that crime South of campus was as bad as it's been since I've been here (I believe I even posted in a thread about it). However, I don't believe I've gotten a single email from the University Spring Semester. They'll usually email when a murder, robbery, etc happen near campus. Seems like there is an increase in police and the UPA has their own patrol vehicles now along with guards, cops, whatever you want to call them walking the streets daily.

If you had said that to Tressel, he might have asked you when you were planning to take your first UA English class. :)

I'm actually done with all of my English classes at UA. Just a typo ;)

#9 Lee Adams

Lee Adams

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

Eh...during the beginning of this school year, it seemed that crime South of campus was as bad as it's been since I've been here (I believe I even posted in a thread about it). However, I don't believe I've gotten a single email from the University Spring Semester. They'll usually email when a murder, robbery, etc happen near campus. Seems like there is an increase in police and the UPA has their own patrol vehicles now along with guards, cops, whatever you want to call them walking the streets daily.

Go to the Akron PD website. You can plug in specific street names(you can do multiple streets) and you can find all the incidents that drew a response for whatever time period you want. South of campus is a very busy area.
[SIZE=7][FONT=Geneva] ziptex

#10 Wally B

Wally B

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

:lol: I got tear-gassed there duting the infamous Katheryn Pl riots!!
Posted Image

NO F L A S H E S!

#11 akzipper

akzipper

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

Go to the Akron PD website. You can plug in specific street names(you can do multiple streets) and you can find all the incidents that drew a response for whatever time period you want. South of campus is a very busy area.

I sure hope UPA can actually accomplish their vision for the area south of campus. I doubt it will happen, since the initial plan showed a complete rebuild of the area. But it's a nice thought. I'd be happy if they could at least clean up exchange and make it a safe and enjoyable place for students and fans on gamedays.

#12 Sergeant Zip

Sergeant Zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

Jim Tressel joins Channel 3 News, named new contributor with weekly report.
Those who have invested the most are the last to surrender.
Vince Lombardi

#13 ZachTheZip

ZachTheZip

Only a Zips fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Jim Tressel joins Channel 3 News, named new contributor with weekly report.

Begins tonight at 7:00

#14 Zipmeister

Zipmeister

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Perfectly understandable L. They should never have put the e and n keys so close to the s, a and w keys. Bless your heart.

#15 Sergeant Zip

Sergeant Zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

#Tresselmoment
Those who have invested the most are the last to surrender.
Vince Lombardi

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users