Spring Football in Akron -

You should post some of your pics so that those who have not seen it in person can get some kind of an idea of how bad it is. I know I was shocked when I saw it back in August.

I would like to have permission to go in there and scavenge signage and memorabilia before they decide to tear it down.

Good luck with that... you can see where all the external signs have been ripped down and taken. The retired Jason Taylor #33 is also gone. The lower "Zips Team Store" had been broken into and there were hundreds of old roo dollars and Zips Game Day magazines laying on the ground. It doesnt appear there is much left to take. The Larson and Dennison signs are still intact near the tunnel as is the Angeloff #89 but they are huge. It is in real sad shape. I will try to upload some pics tonight.

Thanks for trying to post up the pics, Jason.

I don't know if you are on facebook, but it is really easy to upload your photos to your wall or into a folder and then just link them to your ZN.o post. Works best for me.

Anyway, it is a shame to just leave the place to rot. Everything of collector value could have been removed and sold or given away. An opportunity was missed to make some Zips fans happy with some killer pieces to put in their man caves and some dollars could have been raised for a local charity. Sad.

• 4 months later...

I remember it.

The MAC and the other non-BCS D1 conferences should play in the spring, where it can have a wider audience. But I thought that's what Tuesdays are for...

I remember it.

The MAC and the other non-BCS D1 conferences should play in the spring, where it can have a wider audience. But I thought that's what Tuesdays are for...

See the confusion the MAC creates? Who would want to watch a real D-1A football game on a nice spring/summer Saturday evening when they can freeze their ass off watching it on a Tuesday night in November? Who would want to watch their MAC school play in a national championship playoff where they actually have a chance to win one when they can watch them play in a bowl game in front of tens of people in Idaho in mid December?

It's funny. If the guy from Deadspin writes an article about it and I mentioned it months ago, it means something. Connect the dots. Other are talking about it. Just like I mentioned the BCS schools having their own league years ago on this board and they move ever closer to it every day, this will come around to be a topic that starts to get traction in coming years and will become a reality at some point. Will it be a reality because people want it? No, it will be a reality because the "building process" from the non-BCS schools will force them to try to get TV revenue to support their building process before it collapses under its own weight. BCS schools are in the process of doing the same thing.

I was just saying I remember it. And the Tuesday thing was just a dig at the extremes the Junior I-A conferences go to to get some pub. The Tuesdays don't work, nor does putting the best teams against the worst during the conference season (the coaches quit, and you get smoked in the BCS bowl anyhow).

I am the one saying we should drop to I-AA so we can contend with our budget, and have a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs if the program makes something of itself. A tweener division might be better. And your idea of putting football in the spring is worth thinking about for sustainability.

• 1 month later...