Transfer from WVU -- Pat Forsythe

@Zipmeister, next time you speak with Bob, you can let him know that Pat is responding well to living closer to his father and being able to see him more often. Concern over his father's well-being was undoubtedly a distraction for him at WVU, and may have affected perception of his work ethic. So far the Zips coaching staff is pleased with Pat's efforts, and after seeing him go up against Zeke in open gym, so am I.

It's true that work ethic makes the difference between an OK performer and a great performer, and it's hard to predict which players will demonstrate a sustained high level of work ethic as they move up from HS to college. But it's interesting to note what Pat's HS coach had to say about the work ethic he demonstrated between his junior and senior seasons that turned an OK sub on no college team's radar into a great HS all-star offered by many high majors:

“The fact that all these big schools showed interest in Pat says a lot about his work ethic since his season ended,” said Brunswick boys basketball coach Joe Mackey. “Pat has great hands, great feet, great work ethic and he competes harder than anyone I’ve seen.”

Didn't Captain Penny once say, "You can fool all of the people some of the time, and

some of the people all of the time, but you Can't Fool Mom." Just saying...

Actually he said that more than once; he said it toward the close of every episode. The only better advice offered by a local TV personality was when Goulardi would tell his viewers to, "Turn blue little neighbors."

How about when Barnaby said "If someone calls tell them Barnaby said hello, and that you are the nicest person around." At least that's how I remember it going. I am a huge local history guy! I have tons of "old" local tv stuff ( Superhost, Big Chuck/Hoolihan/Lil John/ Ghoulardi/Capt. Penny stuff on dvd. Funny thing is...Im only 33! Anyways, Go Zips!!

• 2 years later...

Sort of similar story to one of the Zips own.

After just three weeks, Adrian Coxson left Florida — the school, the team and the NFL dream — to go home to Maryland and help take care of my father (who become blind). I wouldn’t even say it was a tough decision. It was the only decision.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Forsythe has two eyes tattooed on his chest to represent his father, Patrick, who since high school has been battling a degenerative eye condition that has gradually taken his sight. His father's worsening eye sight is one of the main reasons why Forsythe elected to transfer from West Virginia University to The University of Akron three years ago.

More on Adrian (including small Joe Haden reference)

The UA president will announce soon that he will cut the basketball program, cut ties with MAC, and hire more of his administration buddies. :tomato:

In all fairness, for any of those(especially 4-5?!?!?!?!?) to transfer in a season that our depth is going to be our strength(until injuries happen) would be a dumb move. I never put much stock in that comment.

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, RooYahoo said:

Congratulations Pat! Good luck. Hopefully they'll use you in a better role than Akron did.

What exactly would that role be? From what I saw during Pats tenure with the Zips they did everything in their power to make him the focal point of  the team.

• Like 1