Winking Lizard moving

Whiskey and Craft Beer makes it sounds like it's going to be more like Lizardville in Rocky River (which is a good thing)

...plans include closing the Fairlawn restaurant and moving a few miles west to Montrose to the former Golden Corral Buffet & Grill in Copley Township. The new Winking Lizard will share the building with a Lizardville, a concept that features a small bar, retail beer sales and a large whiskey selection.

can-i-get-a-hell-yeah-box-sign.jpg

Whiskey and Craft Beer makes it sounds like it's going to be more like Lizardville in Rocky River (which is a good thing)
If the Whiskey "bar" is anything like the Peninsula Lizard, don't get too excited. I've seen better selections at college parties.

Delilah's in Chicago has the best Whiskey bar I have been to. Stanley's Kitchen is another good one.

The Whiskey bar is nothing like the Peninsula Winking Lizard. Lizardville and Winking Lizard are two separate brands. At Lizardville they have a smaller appetizer menu and an entire whisky menu where you can buy flights of whiskey. They have 170 different kinds of whiskey. When they opened the one in Bedford Heights they took some of their best bartenders and servers from their restaurants to staff it. They sent the entire crew to Kentucky to visit distillers and sample to learn about whiskey. http://www.lizardville.net/?q=whiskey&location=Bedford

The beer selection is more vast too and it is all room temperature. They have a chiller they drop the bottle into when you want to purchase that chills it to the perfect temperature. Pretty cool place with a completely different vibe than the Winking Lizard.

Maybe they will actually have parking now.

I have been to Lizardville in Bedford Heights a few times. They have a pretty nice beer selection and the place is actually set up pretty cool. Darkly lit like a bar with accent lighting angled toward the beer shelves. I'm no whiskey drinker, but the selection looked pretty good to me. Totally different type of staff than at the restaurant. They are almost like personal shoppers. Very nice to talk to.

Beer-wise, their selection is pretty good. Not as big a variety as Red, Wine and Brew or the Brunswick Buehler's, but I would guess better than anything in Akron. A big plus is almost everything is available as a single. I am pretty sure Dr. Z would give it the stamp of approval.