Again...

OSU Football Player Arrested Second Time On Drinking Charge

Trapasso Charged Monday Near Sandusky

UPDATED: 8:40 AM EDT May 19, 2004

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- An Ohio State punter has been arrested for the second time in less than a month on a charge of underage drinking.

Football coach Jim Tressel said Tuesday he still was gathering information about the Monday incident in Perkins Township near Sandusky involving Albert J. (A.J.) Trapasso and has not decided on any potential action or discipline.

Details of the incident were not available from police.

Trapasso, 18, of Pickerington, was arrested on the same charge in Columbus on April 25.

"The thing that bothers me most is it is the same allegation," Tressel said. "That jumps out at me. What concerns me is it involves alcohol, and we have to attack it for (Trapasso's) sake because that obviously is and can be a serious issue and problem."

Trapasso's attorney entered a plea of innocent to the April 25 charge and requested a jury trial. A pretrial hearing is set for June 7.

The lawyer, Steve Brown, said Trapasso likely will pay a fine by mail for the Sandusky charge.

I don't think the first one is a big deal, but you've GOT to avoid the second time. If the bad press the first time wasn't enough to deter him, there's no hope. Maybe Tressel hasn't made things Black and White enough for these guys? I hope this gets plastered all over everything. Idiot. :tomato: