Zips License Plate Logo

Captain Kangaroo

Which Looks Better on the Ohio Plates?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:mad_flame::mad_flame::mad_flame::mad_flame:

Just received my Alumni Magazine this weekend -- nice articles (nothing really new but nice) on JD and Dambrot but there was this god awful article/advertisement for the University Plates. Right there, in the middle of the magazine -- the damn daisy plate. It's awful. :puke: No mention of any new plates coming available soon. :unsure:

I think the alumni association must be run by one of the blue hairs who sit on their hands and refuse to cheer taking up valuable seats at the BB games. :zzz: I wish someone would introduce basic marketing concepts to the alumni director. I don't know of anyone touting those sleek daisy logos on the road - I can't remember the last time I saw one -- of course, today, I saw 3 of the gut punched flush. AND Can't State is a liberal arts college -- Marketing ain't supposed to be their thing.

Someone, anyone, please stand up to the blue hairs and change the logo -- As revenues for your scholarship fund skyrocket, you will be a hero. :bow:

Think about it - Which plate will students purchase ?? 30 and under ? 30-40 ?

40-50 ? When football and BB develop winning traditions ?? Oh then I'm sure everyone's going to jump in line to sport the sleek daisy. :rofl:

I've heard the argument that the daisy sells well. My guess is that if it were a flipping rubber shoe on the plate those people would still buy it. See, those are the easy sales - they just want something that says Akron on their license plate -- So what if nobody can identify with it, let alone - READ IT. Point -- You won't lose those sales. You are losing a lot of others. :chair:

:mad_flame::mad_flame::mad_flame::mad_flame:

My inside source at Buchtel Hall informed me there is a fierce battle going on to save the University seal on the Ohio plates!! "Pro-seal" alumni have organized a web site to promote their cause. I was unable to get the link, but did manage to nab a few images from it. They look like a crafty bunch! :eek:

260.jpg

clapper.jpg

young_they_4.jpg

Old%20Dax.JPG

In the process of voting to keep/remove the seal, I propose that anyone capable of refering to Joe Paterno as a "young man" have their vote discounted. :D