When Do We See Attendance Change

Zips fan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for having fans of other schools on this forum, but not if they're just going to troll the boards. Ban time?

LOL...How is he trolling? The attendance comment really got you guys that upset? He hasn't done anything out of line and if you can't take another poster talking about their team attendance, how will you guys when people actually troll?

Talk about overreaction to absolutely nothing..

I'm all for having fans of other schools on this forum, but not if they're just going to troll the boards. Ban time?

Is this Nazi Germany?

For the most part, Bubba is a good enough poster running a little smack. Most fans only have time to post on there school's website. However, a diploma from OU gets you a job working at Wendy's on the late shift, so they have plenty of time during the day to post on this board and others. Welcome to an internet fan site.

What we really need on this board are the grammar police.....

Is this Nazi Germany?

For the most part, Bubba is a good enough poster running a little smack. Most fans only have time to post on there school's website. However, a diploma from OU gets you a job working at Wendy's on the late shift, so they have plenty of time during the day to post on this board and others. Welcome to an internet fan site.

That's why he barely posts around noon, lunch rush.

Is this Nazi Germany?

:thumb:

Is this Nazi Germany?

Interestingly enough my father's first job out of college was at Wendy's. He has since moved up a bit thanks to his OU education.

The biggest trolling I've done is in my username. Otherwise I have made honest remarks and answered questions.

I think I can fit in quite well here. :screwks:

Can the marketing department make Akron football events something people want to experience again?

The biggest challenge UA faces is getting people to believe the product on the field is legit. Rob Ianello's product was the most frustration thing to watch in my life. I can't tell you how many times his decisions baffled my mind. His on and and off game decisions made me want to not support Akron football as a sign of protest.

Going to Akron football events does not seem to be socially "cool." This needs to change. UA's marketing department needs to place an emphasis on the experience of going to the games. When I was a student, I was part of a group (not rowdies) that would have huge tailgating parties and go to the games to have fun, regardless of the result. We would throw someone up to crowd surf randomly, and have them go up and down for each point scored.

45_508994763642_4413_n.jpg

The change that came with moving to Infocision was a huge buzz kill for my tailgating group. We went from being charged $3 to $10 for parking in a tailgating lot. The tailgating experience at the Info is spread out to different parking lots, vs being condensed into one area at the Rubber Bowl. The policies that UA used for parking at the Info separated the hardcore and casual fans. Regardless of your opinions on this, the change damaged the experience you would get from tailgating for Akron football games.

47_508994973222_578_n.jpg

Another factor you have to consider is competing entertainment events going on during the same day. This is just my opinion based on personal observations, but people only have a limited amount of time per day that they can apply towards sporting events, and that time is applied towards watching non-local sporting events on TV.

This is just an opinion, but I believe more people get together to watch OSU football games on TV on Saturdays in Summit County than go to UA Football games. My facebook account is polluted with scarlet and gray every Saturday, and those polluting it live in Summit County. I've seen pictures of over a dozen people traveling down to Columbus just to tailgate and not actually go into the game. Rooting for OSU is the social "cool" thing to do this year, especially with them winning again. The Urban Meyers hire hurts us more than it did for Michigan.

Tailgate Parties Are a ‘Powerful Impulse’ and a Microcosm of Society

Tailgating is a very important part of the event and experience.

Interestingly enough my father's first job out of college was at Wendy's. He has since moved up a bit thanks to his OU education.

The biggest trolling I've done is in my username. Otherwise I have made honest remarks and answered questions.

I think I can fit in quite well here. :screwks:

Honestly, you're fine. Its all part of fandom.

To the rest of the bored ;) he's no worse than Equins that ugly YSU Troll.

Besides it will be fun to have him around when we end OU's undefeated season. :cheers::cheers:

The good news is that coach Bowden agrees with you. He went out of his way on his show to point this out.

PS The more you put into tailgating, the more you get out. Nobody can stop you from having an awesome experience. :thumb:

According to anthropologist John Sherry, these students are helping Notre Dame build its brand even as they nuture tradition and foster inter-generational community.

I just love this discussion of Anthropology of Sport, but in this case, I have to wonder (from the pix), if we aren't delving into retail anthropology. I suspect the real brand being built here starts with B-U-D... :cheers:

According to anthropologist John Sherry, these students are helping Notre Dame build its brand even as they nuture tradition and foster inter-generational community.

I just love this discussion of Anthropology of Sport, but in this case, I have to wonder (from the pix), if we aren't delving into retail anthropology. I suspect the real brand being built here starts with C-R-A-F-T... :cheers:

Fixed it for you :cheers:

You'll have two new fans there next week. Flying in on Friday and staying through Monday. Can't wait to see the facilities and meet a few of you yankees :cheers: It's ok to call me a redneck, just don't compare me to anything related to Honey Boo Boo.

Hey Tanks...

Hope you all have a great visit to Akron!

P.S. Sorry about that close Auburn loss to LSU Saturday. I really thought Auburn was going to get the chance to win it before that big LSU completion on 3rd down. Oh well. Heckuva a football game in any case. That one play notwithstanding, Auburn's defense looks like the real day.

Hey Tanks...

Hope you all have a great visit to Akron!

P.S. Sorry about that close Auburn loss to LSU Saturday. I really thought Auburn was going to get the chance to win it before that big LSU completion on 3rd down. Oh well. Heckuva a football game in any case. That one play notwithstanding, Auburn's defense looks like the real day.

I was at that game (my son is a Sr. there this year). Auburn had a chance to win it, but just couldn't find a way to move the ball in the 2nd half. That is the first game that the Auburn defense has showed up at all. New OC and DC there this year, and they are playing 95% sophomores. Should be fun to watch them grow up once they fully understand the system....not unlike whats going on at Akron this year.

Lots of gasps when they showed the Akron/UT score at half, third, etc. I was hoping to see a surprising final score, but just not to be.