KD on the radio after game

Dr Z

Did Steve interview KD after the game last night?I was busy drowning my sorrows in Cleveland after the game :CK_brew: I like listening to KD after the game. He is a straight-shooter in answering questions.If he did speak, and some respectful ZN member heard it, can you post a small summary?I guess I'm still searching for answers. :unsure:

I don't think KD spoke after the game. Admittedly, by the time I got to my car, half the postgame show was over. I heard one of the assistant coaches interviewed - I can't remember who. Darryl Peterson probably played better than anyone on the team over the last 3 games, only to find himself on the bench in crunch time. There MUST be more to this than the distant observer can diagnose, no?! I'm still just trying to figure things out, too. What went so wrong in the last 10 minutes?!?! My head is still spinning - I still can't believe we lost like that - playing SO poorly! I'm sorry DP had to end his career in such a fashion. :unsure:

UT PLAYED BETTER DEFENSE.
You write this like Toledo was some kind of defensive machine or something. Akron choked the game away against an average team. Akron went all defense the last five minutes of the game and didn't put the best offensive players in to match the scoring of Toledo. I think the word choke is way over used in sports, but it does fit what Akron did last Friday. Defense means nothing if you can't score when you get the ball. The phrase "defense wins championships" should be "defense is the side show that gets the ball to the offense so they can win the game". Defense means nothing if your leading players miss foul shots late in the game. Defense means nothing of players half ass it around the floor late in the game. Defense means nothing if your shooters are taking bad shots. Defense means nothing if there is a lack of concentration that leads to your point guard making wild passes. Defense means nothing if you have a coach who refuses to put guys in the game who can score when you need to break a scoring drought. Toledo didn't play great defense Friday, we saw the biggest choke job in the history of the school.