Infocision Stadium

Z-P

Hit this linkie and have a cup of coffee ready, it's a long interesting read.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-12/c...lemarketer.html

If it weren't for InfoCision taking their money, the old ladies would be blowing their life savings at the church bingo hall, or on their bi-weekly bus trip to Windsor or Mountaineer. old.gif

Personally, I think it's better they build the Zips a stadium and give a few bucks to the diabetes association.

The real scandal is not Infocision. They're just a company like any other providing a service these organizations are more than willing to pay for.

The real scandal is the charities who hire them and similar companies, and it has been happening for years. The "charity" gets a nice chunk of cash with virtually no cost or hassle attached, and they could care less how much Infocision makes or the way it makes their donors feel, quite understandably, like chumps. At least until stories like this come out and those same charities want to cover their rear ends.

Get smart. Find a cause you care about, investigate how they raise and allocate their funds, and give them some cash directly if you like what they do and how they do it. And hang up on phone solicitors.

The "charity" gets a nice chunk of cash with virtually no cost or hassle attached, and they could care less how much Infocision makes

InfoCision works on a "break even guarantee" meaning they get all of the money up to the point the program is paid off. The non-profit doesn't make a dime until that point. Since they bill per completed call and not by caller hour, they make double the rate of every other telemarketing company. InfoCision is in the business of raising money for itself.

My guess is the non profits would care if they actually knew how much InfoCision was making per hour compared to their other vendors.

But then again, if they knew, the people who run the big non profits wouldn't get to have the the IC executives fly to their towns and take them out to extravagant meals on a regular basis.

Having now read a couple of well written articles about Infocision, the company, I very much wish that UA were not entangled with them. It is not good to have that company's name representing the university in any way, IMO. I'd like to think that naming rights contracts would include clauses allowing organizations to dump the sponsor.

Infocision is an exploitative outfit. Is this the kind of company that can/will underpin the local economy in the long term? Does UA really want to partner with a company that specializes in manipulating people over the phone for donations while lying about how much of the donated amounts actually go to the charities represented? Does Infocision bring skilled, rewarding jobs to the community? How many middle-aged people are scraping away in cubicles for minimum wage for the Taylors right now? Disgusting. Do they add to the middle class, to stability in the local economy? To say that Infocision is a dubious presence in the community is to be generous.

UA's association with, and promotion of, Infocision will become a huge black eye, far more important than what some lame jerk-off coach did to damage the football program.

Maybe UA can find a large human trafficking ring to sell naming rights to when the Infocision deal is complete.

UA wouldn't have made the deal if it didn't feel that InfoCision was a good company, and if they fell that it could end up hurting our image I'm sure the name would be changed. It happened when the Astro's ballpark was changed from Enron Field to Minute Maid Park. Ianello did much more than just damage our football program.

UA wouldn't have made the deal if it didn't feel that InfoCision was a good company, and if they fell that it could end up hurting our image I'm sure the name would be changed. It happened when the Astro's ballpark was changed from Enron Field to Minute Maid Park. Ianello did much more than just damage our football program.

OK then, it's time for Minute Maid Zips Stadium. Or how about Goodyear Stadium? Albrecht Park? Aren't there any solid corporate citizens left in town that can support naming rights at UA?

Or, we could continue on the current track and go with Payday Cash Stadium, or perhaps Plasma Cash Stadium, or Asian Massage Park.

If it weren't for InfoCision taking their money, the old ladies would be blowing their life savings at the church bingo hall, or on their bi-weekly bus trip to Windsor or Mountaineer. old.gif

Personally, I think it's better they build the Zips a stadium and give a few bucks to the diabetes association.

This is a good point.

The real scandal is not Infocision. They're just a company like any other providing a service these organizations are more than willing to pay for.

Another good point.

In my opinion, there is no scandal on either side. I don't know why this is getting so much attention.

Having served on non-profit boards in the past, you're merely paying a service provider who has the ability to raise money for you in a very competitive environment in which many, many organizations are competing for donations.

If people are concerned about making a donation under those kind of circumstances, they can easily just make a donation directly, or do their own research on the organization and their financials before donating.

Yeah. Looks like everybody's throwing Infocision under the bus.

I think Carl Albright was thrown under the bus and well deserved. When the next guy who takes over that company finishes cleaning out his incompetent buddies, they are going to have a difficult time finding a job overpaying them the way Carl did. Any of them with a customer facing position will be in big trouble when they hit the streets.

• 4 months later...