Coach eating with Can't State coach?

LZIp

Keith Dambrot ‏@CoachDambrot

“@Can't StateVoice: I don't always get up at 7 am, but when I do I have breakfast with @CoachSendy and @CoachDambrot.” Haha thanks! Good one!

seems odd to me. You will never hear of Urban Meyer and Brady Hoke eating together, same can probably be said with TB and Hazell.

“@Can't StateVoice: I don't always get up at 7 am, but when I do I have breakfast with @CoachSendy and @CoachDambrot.” Haha thanks! Good one!

seems odd to me. You will never hear of Urban Meyer and Brady Hoke eating together, same can probably be said with TB and Hazell.

It's for Coaches vs. Cancer. There are bigger things in life than sports.

gallery_869_7_4946.jpg

Sendy: What's that?

KD: Antidote.

Sendy: To what?

KD: To the poison you just drank... (laughs uncontrollably)

The Coaches vs. Cancer Breakfast was well attended. Lots of friendly ribbing and well attended by all four schools.

Not a whole lot of basketball talk other than all the coaches claiming their team is young and not to expect a lot.

Except, of course, KD who actually admitted that his Zips are a good team.

At the end of the breakfast the coaches fielded questions. I proposed the idea of letting all 350+ division one teams

participate in the NCAA tournament. Actually, the coaches first suggested this. My suggestion was to seed all the

teams and have the number one seed play the first round at the lowest seeded team's venue. Do this for

each team for all seeds. Then do this again in the second round before determining regional seedings. Same as fans

have done before, the fans did not like the suggestion. But, all four of the attending coaches told me it is an

excellent idea that they like.

Remember tonight and again Saturday there will be three of us Zipsnation posters offering Coaches vs. Cancer

wrist bands for three dollars, two for five.

The Coaches vs. Cancer Breakfast was well attended. Lots of friendly ribbing and well attended by all four schools.

Not a whole lot of basketball talk other than all the coaches claiming their team is young and not to expect a lot.

Except, of course, KD who actually admitted that his Zips are a good team.

At the end of the breakfast the coaches fielded questions. I proposed the idea of letting all 350+ division one teams

participate in the NCAA tournament. Actually, the coaches first suggested this. My suggestion was to seed all the

teams and have the number one seed play the first round at the lowest seeded team's venue. Do this for

each team for all seeds. Then do this again in the second round before determining regional seedings. Same as fans

have done before, the fans did not like the suggestion. But, all four of the attending coaches told me it is an

excellent idea that they like.

Remember tonight and again Saturday there will be three of us Zipsnation posters offering Coaches vs. Cancer

wrist bands for three dollars, two for five.

Logistically speaking, when would the tournament have to start to accomplish this by, let's say, the next school year? December?

Logistically speaking, when would the tournament have to start to accomplish this by, let's say, the next school year? December?

If you add 2 rounds (gets you to 256 teams vs 64/68) you'd only have to add a single week. Add a portion of "play-in" type games on Tuesday to roll in the rest of the teams and you still keep it within that extra week.

I'm not saying I like the idea, but it's doable.

Wait so now it's little league? Everybody gets a chance? Everyone should get to play in the big tournament?

For decades, the 64-team NCAA basketball tournament has been arguably the finest spectacle in sports. Yet people are always wanting to fix something that is not broke. From a coaching standpoint it makes sense to have more teams in because it adds to their job security. Just as football coaches can boast on their resumes that they made it to the Continental Tire Bowl. basketball coaches can say they made it to the NCAA Tournament round of 300 against Savannah East Technical A&M State.

I would assume Coach KD and Senderoff are irked about OU being "the third best team in our league" over the long haul last year yet got hot at the right time. Well, I have some advice for the MAC. If you want to be taken seriously as a multiple-bid league, STOP LOSING TO THE HORIZON LEAGUE. The league needs strength from top to bottom. The top half of the teams in the league need to go out and beat four BCS teams in a weekend like the football teams did this year.

True story:

At the Coaches vs. Cancer Breakfast I approached Michael Reghi about him purchasing a Coaches vs. Cancer

wrist band. He wanted me to give him one. Mr. Cheap Buckeye did not buy one.

Over hearing this exchange Coach Senderoff asked me how much they cost. I told him the usual spiel ...three bucks, two

for five. He took out his wallet and bought two, handing me a sawbuck. I mentioned to him that they say "Go Zips" on

them. His reply, no problem its to fight cancer. The man has real class Cant or no Cant.

• 5 months later...

Never?

Meyer Hoke

I would assume Coach KD and Senderoff are irked about OU being "the third best team in our league" over the long haul last year yet got hot at the right time.

how does a team that went 14-2 "get hot at the right time"? and how does the team whose only conferences loses were to the other 14-2 team spend "the long haul" as "the third best team in the league"? if you're suggesting that 9-7 Can't State was better "over the long haul" than OU I would love to see the reasoning for that. Be sure to mention the losses to NIU and BG during their 1-5 streak as indicators of Can't State being a top 2 MAC team.

how does a team that went 14-2 "get hot at the right time"? and how does the team whose only conferences loses were to the other 14-2 team spend "the long haul" as "the third best team in the league"? if you're suggesting that 9-7 Can't State was better "over the long haul" than OU I would love to see the reasoning for that. Be sure to mention the losses to NIU and BG during their 1-5 streak as indicators of Can't State being a top 2 MAC team.

He was talking about the season where you guys made the run.

@OU Dude, check the date of the post you were replying to. It was referencing the 2011-2012 season, not the recently completed 2012-2013 season.

lol, sorry my bad.

I skimmed that and forgot why I originally logged in to comment-

I saw an article about Ball State's new coach and his ties to the Miami OH coaching tree that Senderoff and Christian and it got me thinking about what that might mean for the MAC if a little clique of friends forms, how would other coaches see that and could that create problems. What's your impression of KD's interaction with other MAC coaches, do you think he sees them more as colleagues or as competition?

personally, I like the idea of all of the coaches getting to know each other well, could help with retention, etc.

lol, sorry my bad.

I skimmed that and forgot why I originally logged in to comment-

I saw an article about Ball State's new coach and his ties to the Miami OH coaching tree that Senderoff and Christian and it got me thinking about what that might mean for the MAC if a little clique of friends forms, how would other coaches see that and could that create problems. What's your impression of KD's interaction with other MAC coaches, do you think he sees them more as colleagues or as competition?

personally, I like the idea of all of the coaches getting to know each other well, could help with retention, etc.

Coaching is a fraternity. Everyone wants to win, but that doesn't mean you have to hate the other guy.