MAC Coaching Changes

johnnyzip84

Any kid who committed to BC and THOUGHT Spaziani was going to be there after this year is not that bright of a kid or is getting REALLY bad information.

Or, he is just a smart young kid who isn't mature enough to understand the business side of college athletics.

Boston College recently hired away Miami-Ohio's athletic director. Look for him to try and hire one of the MAC coaches.

There is a name coach around Ohio who came in second for the Miami job who would be a great fit for a school like BC. A better fit than any MAC coach right now. Has very good recruiting ties to the private schools around Ohio and could get just enough good players, with the brains to go to BC, to compete well in the ACC. It isn't hard to win in the ACC.

That didn't take long - Dave Doeren hired as the new NC State coach. (please pardon the copy & cross-post, MDZip)

Per Sporting News: "Doeren compiled a 23-4 record in two seasons at NIU. That brief stretch includes two MAC titles. Incoming recruits have been told that Huskies' offensive line coach Rod Carey will replace Doeren, Sporting News has learned. Doeren replaces Tom O’Brien, who was fired last week. In addition to Doeren, NC State also interviewed Louisiana Tech coach Sonny Dykes and Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris. Can't State coach Darrell Hazell was also a target."

I'm hearing Hazell to Purdue.

Joe Dunn and the Big Time Sports crew are reporting on 1350 am that it's a done deal. Purdue presser will be tomorrow at 9:30 am.

Rant Sports Link

With Bielema to Arkansas, Butch Jones likely to Colorado, and perhaps Paul Chryst to Wisky, this just adds to what I believe is the wildest college football coaching carousel ever. I've said this before, but if there's a silver lining to TB going 1-11 in his 1st year, it's the fact that he would quite possibly be up for one of these openings had the Zips gone, say, 6-6. Another potential boost is the high number of HC changes relatively close to Akron (K.E.N.T., probably Cincy, perhaps Pitt). Perhaps some of these commits will be open to having a look at Akron?

Cal: ESPN's Brett McMurphy is reporting that Cal will interview Can't State head coach Darrell Hazell, today.

Interviewing at Berkeley, yet he's giving Purdue or Wisconsin a shot? Now I see why he's working at Can't State! :D

That's a least day old information. CBS is confirming Purdue for Hazell. If the latest Jackson Polar Bear hoops phenom's pop reports a coach is headed somewhere, you better believe him!

I almost can't believe this, but HERE is why a coach needs to grab the opportunities when he can. It's unbelievable that, just last year, Mario Cristobal reportedly turned down Pitt and Rutgers to stay at FIU. Thanks for nothing!

On a related note, that makes numerous 2012 Zip opponents who will have a new coach in 2013:

FIU

Tennessee

Morgan St

K.E.N.T.

NIU

I almost can't believe this, but HERE is why a coach needs to grab the opportunities when he can. It's unbelievable that, just last year, Mario Cristobal reportedly turned down Pitt and Rutgers to stay at FIU. Thanks for nothing!

On a related note, that makes numerous 2012 Zip opponents who will have a new coach in 2013:

FIU

Tennessee

Morgan St

K.E.N.T.

NIU

That kind of thing from FIU will help them land a great coach... :tomato: