#16 Crew8

Crew8

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

And here we go.......

Dillon Serna is the one that really confounds me.

I expect Serna and Trapp to go, Yedlin is quite possible too. The one name that's not on the Top Drawer list I like to see around next season is Gallego. Losing Meves and Barson and possibly a Gallego would really hurt the back core. I'd like to see Gallego stick around to try and hold down the back line and keep its composure one more season.

#17 AkronZip54321

AkronZip54321

Zips Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

Think the one we are resigned to losing is Trapp. I'd say it's more likely then not then the rest will not go pro. Whether they are at Akron next year is another story. Koroma especially I think will have a break out season next year, but I feel like after this fall, it's not a given it will happen here.

#18 akrowdygirl8

akrowdygirl8

Junior Zippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Think the one we are resigned to losing is Trapp. I'd say it's more likely then not then the rest will not go pro. Whether they are at Akron next year is another story. Koroma especially I think will have a break out season next year, but I feel like after this fall, it's not a given it will happen here.

koroma will return next year to play for the Zips after he recovers from Lemiere's disease

#19 fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:futbol, Bovidae, grass

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

koroma will return next year to play for the Zips after he recovers from Lemiere's disease

Well, that explains some things.

http://en.wikipedia....erre's_syndrome

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

#20 akrowdygirl8

akrowdygirl8

Junior Zippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Well, that explains some things.

http://en.wikipedia....erre's_syndrome

yea figured i would let everyone know. he dropped out of school because Akron would not let him have a medical leave and missed the last of the season due to getting sick in early november. he will return for the spring semester and practicing with the team for the spring games

#21 Z.I.P.

Z.I.P.

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,680 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hey! Thanks for the inside info girl8! As far as the back line goes, I think if we keep Gallego, and with Souders getting a chance to show the prowess that made him a USA captain we will be fine. I wonder whether Gallego will stay at left or become the "attacking defender" right back (also, who else will start at CB?). I'm more concerned over scoring -- Brenes can probably get drafted first round after this season. I don't think Koroma can do it alone.

#22 fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hey! Thanks for the inside info girl8! As far as the back line goes, I think if we keep Gallego, and with Souders getting a chance to show the prowess that made him a USA captain we will be fine. I wonder whether Gallego will stay at left or become the "attacking defender" right back (also, who else will start at CB?). I'm more concerned over scoring -- Brenes can probably get drafted first round after this season. I don't think Koroma can do it alone.

Wow! I hope Koroma overcomes this condition; it is nothing to trifle with.

We catch a break that Brenes has not been able to keep healthy, and also that he is an excellent student. I think he stays. Gallego lacks the speed for flank play, but he will do nicely where he is. Afsarifard is next up at CB; I think he is underrated.

Stevenson..........Brenes...................Koroma

Portillos................Foldesy.......................Quinn

Derschang...Gallego...Souders.....Abdul-Salaam

...........................Pina....................................

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

#23 TennZip

TennZip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Best wishes to Alfred Koroma. Praying for better days ahead for this young man.

#24 Zip_ME87

Zip_ME87

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

I hope Fred (as he told me he likes to be called) has a full recovery.

#25 Zip_ME87

Zip_ME87

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

More speculation.

http://www.burgundyw...megrown-signing

#26 AkronZip54321

AkronZip54321

Zips Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

More speculation.

http://www.burgundyw...megrown-signing

I like Serna's game and think hes a big talent but I just dont see him being MLS ready yet.

#27 akrowdygirl8

akrowdygirl8

Junior Zippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

I hope Fred (as he told me he likes to be called) has a full recovery.

ill pass this along to him...he really appreciates all the support the akron family has given him even though he was sick and he wants to do better next year. thank you from myself for the support

ps...he approves of the nickname AK47

#28 Zip_ME87

Zip_ME87

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

ill pass this along to him...he really appreciates all the support the akron family has given him even though he was sick and he wants to do better next year. thank you from myself for the support

Thanks. I look forward to seeing Fred back on the pitch this Spring.

#29 Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Then could you please tell him that a bunch of us are praying for him and pulling for him and are very excited to watch him play next year?

Thank you! :wave:
Terry Bowden. Keith Dambrot. Rick Rembielak. Chuck Amato. Jim Tressel. How ya like dem apples, Terry Pluto?! This is AKRON!

#30 fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

Then could you please tell him that a bunch of us are praying for him and pulling for him and are very excited to watch him play next year?

Thank you! :wave:

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users