Dean Pees Leaving KSU

Guest Beth Bee

Interesting.......there must be something more behind this. Things looked like they were going in the right direction at Can't since Pee's arrival? Maybe he took the program as far as he could take it and wanted out? I don't know, I'd rather be the head coach of a D-1 football team than a linebacker coach in the NFL.

JP

This late in the game .. you have to figure that they'll look inward for continuity's sake, wouldn't you? I'm hoping they pick one of their co-ordinators. That wouldn't be too threatening to the Zippers.

I just love Tammy piling on the whole "Winters is the greatest coach who isn't already a head coach" fire set by Morgan and Alexander ..

I'm not too concerned about Can't State "coming on the map." I read the comments from Laing, and it looks like they are going internal. Can't State has zero vision for football success, which I am not going to complain about. I hope we pound them to the ground year in and year out so we never have to endure what we just did this last season(losing to a crappy Can't team game one and hurting our season out of the gate).

Our practice facilities are going to make Can't's look DIII, and keep this in mind; Akron is not done improving its football program or its basketball program for that matter. We are probably getting a stadium that will be well worth the wait. I bet it will match all the new glass buildings that are being constructed on campus, since there seems to be a common architectural theme. This facility will blow Dix away and will give the football program its own offices and coaches headquarters. I'm sure this was a topic brought up during the interview process.

We only got Brookhart because our administration showed a committment to football success. I'm sure there were people who wondered why he would come to Akron. With the timing and Kents overall football outlook, they won't get somebody that good. You see, we are committing big $$. They are not, and it will show.

saw this on the bbs board, posted by a Can't fan, probably just rumor but its an interesting one: :D

"Rumor has it that one of the reasons why Dean Pees quit Can't was over the 2004 schedule. For moving the Akron game to the first week of the 2003 season, Akron was supposed to return the favor in 2004. Rumor has that the original schedule did not show this and Can't/Pees raised a fit over it. It has been suggested that Akron/Can't at Can't will be the first MAC game for Can't, but will be after the 3 OOC games and may hurt Can't's attendance."