2005 Zips facing 2012 schedule

johnnyzip84

2005 Zips facing 2012 schedule (1st question)and 2012 Zips facing 2005 schedule (2nd question)  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In 2005 we backed our way into the MAC championship game by winning just enough games against a weak schedule. If that team had to play this years schedule we do no better than 2nd place in the east.

I agree. A huge key for the Zips in the 2005 season was BG's Omar Jacobs. He missed the game against us at Doyt Perry (Zips won 24-14), but played against Miami two weeks later in Oxford (Falcons won 42-14). And then Toledo (lead by Brad Gradkowski) did us a huge favor by beating rival BG (with Jacobs playing) 44-41 in OT at BG.

Here's an idea... Lets have the 2005 team play the 2012 team!

It's too painful for me to think about how far our program has fallen in this relatively short period of time.

One of the oddest facts about that 2005 MAC title team is that they lost 20-0 at home against Army in the middle of that season. I wonder how many people on here would have guessed that they would have won a MAC title just a few game later. I'm sure the answer was NOBODY.

I picked the 2012 team to place 4th in 2005, because I think they would have easily beaten those poor K.E.N.T. and Buffalo teams from that era.

I picked the 2005 team to place 3rd in 2012, because I think between K.E.N.T., BG, and OU, two of them would have finished higher than the 2005 Zips.

Here's an idea... Lets have the 2005 team play the 2012 team!

This is a really good idea, but to be fair first we should invent a time machine and either transport the 2005 team forward to 2012 or the 2012 team back to 2005. Perhaps one half of the game should be played in 2005 and the other half in 2012. Also an interesting twist would involve a second game with the 2012 team coached by the 2005 staff and the 2005 team coached by the 2012 staff.

Also an interesting twist would involve a second game with the 2012 team coached by the 2005 staff and the 2005 team coached by the 2012 staff.
Stop wasting all of your good ideas on ZN, get over to EA sports immediately. They could market 'NCAA Football 2014' off of this idea.

This is a really good idea, but to be fair first we should invent a time machine and either transport the 2005 team forward to 2012 or the 2012 team back to 2005. Perhaps one half of the game should be played in 2005 and the other half in 2012. Also an interesting twist would involve a second game with the 2012 team coached by the 2005 staff and the 2005 team coached by the 2012 staff.

Give me the 2005 cheerleaders any day of the week. But I think the 2012 band would blow the 2005 group off the field. Fear the Dadgum Tuba.

About the 2005 team,JD said they got lucky before they got good. He was probably correct. They beat NIU in OVT at the Bowl. Then beat them again in the last seconds at the MAC Champ game? There were so many tiebreakers in '05. Funny, NIU is the common denominator 7 years later. Thats a consistently good program. Imagine.

Give me the 2005 cheerleaders any day of the week. But I think the 2012 band would blow the 2005 group off the field. Fear the Dadgum Tuba.

I'm not so sure...didn't the 05 band feature the guy in the electric wheelchair...I'm no band geek, but that was awesome!!!