2013 Zips in the MLS, NASL, USLPro Thread

Last night Tommy Schmitt, Blair Gavin, and Billy Berger (if you don't know who he is, you're not a real zips fan) were at Manny's during the US game. Thought it was weird that Blair was in town since he was supposedly on trial with Seattle Sounders. Crew8 had a word with him and apparently he is injured again. How does this guy get his career back on track? I feel bad for him, he was supposed to be big, but has just constantly been injured and it seems like he's just going to bounce around teams. I hope the biggest thing he ends up being known for in the end isn't just that awesome mustache he had last season.

Where are the pix, you drunkard!?!?!?!

This will be fun! USA vs Belgium in Cleveland.

I know the perfect parking lot for Browns games, been going to the same for 30 years.

This will be so cool. Wednesday night is less than ideal, but I will be there nonetheless.

Was Teal Bunbury the first Zip on the full USMNT?

I will be heading down to Columbus for several games this year. Very excited to see how these guys do.

I'm with you. What a pleasure it will be driving to Columbus to support them.

I know the perfect parking lot for Browns games, been going to the same for 30 years.

This will be so cool. Wednesday night is less than ideal, but I will be there nonetheless.

Was Teal Bunbury the first Zip on the full USMNT?

I'm not sure who the first is, but I know George Nanchoff earned a cap with the USMNT.

The great thing is this will be an A squad in Cleveland as the USMNT have 3 crucial World Cup Qualifying matches in the weeks to follow.

I'm not sure who the first is, but I know George Nanchoff earned a cap with the USMNT.

The great thing is this will be an A squad in Cleveland as the USMNT have 3 crucial World Cup Qualifying matches in the weeks to follow.

So hopefully we get a better show than whatever that was Tuesday night.

So hopefully we get a better show than whatever that was Tuesday night.

I certainly hope and that area soccer fans come out in full support too. On a Friday evening in May of 2006, 30,000 were in Cleveland stadium to watch the USA win 2-0 over Venezuela. Michael Bradley's first cap. Ching and Dempsey scored. That was a fun night.

Ramos lists US U-20 players who are "ready for next level"

...Ramos exhibited a little gamesmanship of his own during Friday's media conference call, refusing to share details regarding tactics. But what he does know is that his familiarity with Klinsmann's camps has convinced him that we'll be seeing players from his Under-20 team -- "Different from players on the first team," Ramos pointed out -- shaping up to get a look on the senior side, specifically making mention of Benji Joya (Santos Laguna), Mario Rodriguez (Kaiserslautern), Daniel Cuevas (Santos Laguna), Trapp and Villarreal. ...

U.S. U-20 MNT Head Coach Tab Ramos Completes World Cup Qualifying Roster with Addition of Dillon Serna

U.S. U-20 Men’s National Team Roster by Position:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Cody Cropper (Southampton FC; Maple Grove, Minn.), Kendall McIntosh (Santa Clara; Santa Rosa, Calif.), Zackary Steffen (FC DELCO Academy; Downington, Pa.)

DEFENDERS (5): Eric Miller (Creighton; Woodbury, Minn.), Juan Pablo Ocegueda (C.D. Guadalajara; Riverside, Calif.), Boyd Okwuonu (North Carolina; Edmund, Okla.), Shane O’Neill (Colorado Rapids; Boulder, Colo.), Javan Torre (UCLA; Santa Monica, Calif.)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake; Garden Grove, Calif.), Benji Joya (Santos Laguna; San Jose, Calif.), Mikey Lopez (Sporting Kansas City; Mission, Texas), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids; Brighton, Colo.), Caleb Stanko (SC Freiburg; Holly, Mich.), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew; Gahanna, Ohio)

FORWARDS (6): Brandon Allen (Georgetown; Old Bridge, N.J.), Daniel Cuevas (Santos Laguna; Sacramento, Calif.), Daniel Garcia (North Carolina; Dallas, Texas), Jerome Kiesewetter (VfB Stuttgart; Berlin, Germany), Mario Rodriguez (1. FC Kaiserslautern; North Hollywood, Calif.), Jose Villarreal (LA Galaxy; Inglewood, Calif.)

Happy to see Zemanski land in Portland.

Happy to see that as well. Timbers acquire midfielder Ben Zemanski from Chivas USA

..."We’re pleased to add a player of Ben’s caliber, as he has proved to be an impact player in this league and fits the ethos of our club,” said Porter. “He brings an additional competitive presence that we are confident will help advance the culture of this club even further.”...

A native of Akron, Ohio, Zemanski played collegiately in his hometown at the University of Akron from 2006-09. He helped the Zips claim three straight conference championships and make three NCAA tournament appearances from 2007-09, including a trip to the NCAA College Cup finals in 2009. A two-time All-Mid-American Conference selection, Zemanski played in 86 matches, recording nine goals and 14 assists during his collegiate career. He ranked among the nation’s assist leaders as a junior with 10 assists in 2008. Zemanski also garnered Academic All-America third-team honors and was a finalist for the Senior CLASS Award following his senior season in 2009.

Happy to see that as well. Timbers acquire midfielder Ben Zemanski from Chivas USA

..."We’re pleased to add a player of Ben’s caliber, as he has proved to be an impact player in this league and fits the ethos of our club,” said Porter. “He brings an additional competitive presence that we are confident will help advance the culture of this club even further.”...

A native of Akron, Ohio, Zemanski played collegiately in his hometown at the University of Akron from 2006-09. He helped the Zips claim three straight conference championships and make three NCAA tournament appearances from 2007-09, including a trip to the NCAA College Cup finals in 2009. A two-time All-Mid-American Conference selection, Zemanski played in 86 matches, recording nine goals and 14 assists during his collegiate career. He ranked among the nation’s assist leaders as a junior with 10 assists in 2008. Zemanski also garnered Academic All-America third-team honors and was a finalist for the Senior CLASS Award following his senior season in 2009.

I should have publicly predicted this one as well. Could see this coming from miles away! Zemanski is the quintessential Porter player. I just hope Ben can push to start.

I think I have been watching this kid since he was in 7th grade. One of my favorite Zips EVER.