New helmet logo?

Blue & Gold

Even if the logo was outsourced, I'll bet a case of beer it was a student who came up with the "fear the roo" thing.
The sinister roo in the Fear the Roo logo was provided by the same company that provided the new logo. As I understand it, this was the look that appealed to the athletic department, but others in the University (outside athletics) wouldn't buy into it. The "sinister" roo sat on ice for a couple years until the Fear the Roo campaign allowed the Athletic Marketing group to "sneak" it in.Where's my beer?

Personally, I like what we have. Now that Akron has sparked interest in the program, I think it would defeat the purpose of recognition if we had all these competing designs. In the future, when the program is more stable, they could add some different designs to augment what we already have. Not to replace it.

Even if the logo was outsourced, I'll bet a case of beer it was a student who came up with the "fear the roo" thing. 
The sinister roo in the Fear the Roo logo was provided by the same company that provided the new logo. As I understand it, this was the look that appealed to the athletic department, but others in the University (outside athletics) wouldn't buy into it. The "sinister" roo sat on ice for a couple years until the Fear the Roo campaign allowed the Athletic Marketing group to "sneak" it in.Where's my beer?
I'm good for it ... but I want time and evidence (or lack of it) that it wasn't a student who suggested it first.

Our current uniforms are GREAT. Don't change to stupid Panther stripes. And for petes sake don't change the helmet logo. CHANGE NOTHING!!!!Let's be more like the Celtics, Browns, Yankees, Steelers, GB and Lakers and build a tradition and not like the Cavs, Nets, Padres, etc. who change jerseys practically each day. :macc: