New Jerseys for OU game

zippy5

I actually really like it. Might look better on a navy uniform with gold logos and numbers though...

BBjpoFlCAAArhFp.jpg

I believe the tweet above mentioning "#" was sarcastic. As in it would have the number "44" on the front, not an actual hashtag...

I like the look!

Yeah, I definitely misinterpreted the "#", but with it being social media night it wasn't too much of a stretch!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that a lot of people like the gold, but it can look a bit tacky if it's not done right.

(The all gold jerseys are terrible, IMO. Perhaps its a generational thing.)

Agreed. All gold jerseys, or all gold anything for that matter, is really gaudy. I like the new ones though! They're pretty boss looking. But hey, they can wear street clothes for all I care as long as they keep racking up the wins. Keep it up Zips!

just to clear the air here, they were going to put the @ZipsMBB on the back of the jersey's. But the NCAA stepped in and said they were not allowed ON THE ACTUAL UNIFORM. Def an innovative way to use social media. Props to the marketing department for the idea. Again ive seen the new uni's and they are very nice. What i dont get is how the NCAA allows those #'s on the floor but on the unis is not allowed.

Picture tweeted today had "@ZipsMBB" on the back. Not really a fan. I get that it's social media night but the twitter handle would get more exposure on the floor as opposed to the back of jerseys. I'm interested to see if they really see a jump in followers. Currently at 1,455.

BBoWmTkCIAAZoHM.jpg

So are they or arent they putting it on the back?

I can't figure out if it's for sure or not either.

If the NCAA says no though, i'd do it anyway. Pay the fine and give ESPN the scoop on the NCAA picking on us over something trivial. The fine would be well worth the publicity.

Speaking of the NCAA

Iowa wanted to wear TRIBUTE jerseys for former player Chris Street, star forward who passed away in a car accident in 1993. The Hawkeyes planned to wear uniforms that all had "Street" as the last name. NCAA denied their request. Similar to our request, but I feel like it's pretty low to deny a team a request for a tribute. But the NCAA did allow Providence to wear green jerseys with Sandy Hook in place of the name on the back. If I'm the NCAA I don't see a problem with tributes like that.

Look what Michigan State is wearing today. Complete with gold/bronze shoes and socks. I will say it looks awesome!

Man if only we could get a blue and gold version of that!

yeah, but they lost so now it is cursed for the century. I don't want Akron to have anything close to this! #AverageAkronFanThinking

Speaking of the NCAA

Iowa wanted to wear TRIBUTE jerseys for former player Chris Street, star forward who passed away in a car accident in 1993. The Hawkeyes planned to wear uniforms that all had "Street" as the last name. NCAA denied their request. Similar to our request, but I feel like it's pretty low to deny a team a request for a tribute. But the NCAA did allow Providence to wear green jerseys with Sandy Hook in place of the name on the back. If I'm the NCAA I don't see a problem with tributes like that.

How is the Iowa situation different than the Winston-Salem St. uniforms a few years ago when all the jerseys had "Gaines" on the back, in honor of their recently-passed coach / AD?

The NCAA is a bunch of stooges.

When I first saw the jerseys, I wasn't crazy about the idea. After seeing the attention that it's getting from across the nation, I now think the marketing department is freaking brilliant. They're even sending out jerseys to national and local media members who follow basketball with their twitter handles on the back. Very, very cool promotional campaign.

Marketing Department: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: