Zips land Naples, Fla. RB

Apparently he run a 4.5. I memory serves me correct, 4.3 and 4.2 are considered phenominal, but I mainly associate that kind of speed w/ wide receivers and the secondary. Anyone have any insights on how his 4.5 compares to other rb's?

http://fl.milesplit.com/athletes/compare/1910704+920680

I found Manny on Milesplit, so I compared him to my son Dillon as RBs. I dont see him running a 4.5 . Dillon runs a 4.46 and clearly kills Manny in the 60m. I think football speed got this kid signed. He definitely looks good carrying the rock. Very good decision maker in the open field. Past the line of scrimmage its gonna be hard to put a cross hair on him.

http://fl.milesplit.com/athletes/compare/1910704+920680

I found Manny on Milesplit, so I compared him to my son Dillon as RBs. I dont see him running a 4.5 . Dillon runs a 4.46 and clearly kills Manny in the 60m. I think football speed got this kid signed. He definitely looks good carrying the rock. Very good decision maker in the open field. Past the line of scrimmage its gonna be hard to put a cross hair on him.

Good analysis. Nobody, of course, wants a slow running back, as "speed kills." But, IMHO, the straight 40 time is one of the most overrated statistics. Really, in game situations, unless you're a WR running an occasional streak, nobody ever runs 40 yards in a straight line. (Please, unless you sincerely disagree with this, spare me the example of the rare exception. Lol) personally, I think quick, 5-yards bursts are much more important in the game of football.

It's similar to when friends tell me, "So-and-so high school has two linemen who are 6-5/ 295. Akron should sign them." Yeah, well those linemen are fat, not muscle, can't bend @ the waist, can't come off the line, can't move their feet and don't cherish contact. There are so many intangibles to being a good football player.

Kid looks plenty fast enough & like a good get.

Go Zips!

Local (Naples, Fla) article on Manny. He sure had a fantastic HS career in the hotbed of Flo-Rida.

Morgan was the Daily News Broxson Award winner as the area’s best overall football player this past season. As a senior he was named a Class 6A All-State first-team running back after rushing for 2,069 yards and 25 touchdowns and leading Naples to a regional championship.