Bowl has been sold for huge profit!

Wally B

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/15/2020 at 2:24 PM, Blue & Gold said:

I know this is hard to comprehend, but I loved the Rubber Bowl. When it got new turf and a facelift plus new benches it was an impressive place. The Zips had enough good games there whereby you were always hoping they could do it again. My memories are also impacted because my dad and I would go to most of the games. He loved to see the Zips play and enjoyed every minute there. I miss him, the bowl and good Zip football.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

I know this is hard to comprehend, but I loved the Rubber Bowl. When it got new turf and a facelift plus new benches it was an impressive place. The Zips had enough good games there whereby you were always hoping they could do it again. My memories are also impacted because my dad and I would go to most of the games. He loved to see the Zips play and enjoyed every minute there. I miss him, the bowl and good Zip football.

I also loved the Rubber Bowl. To help refresh your memories I suggest buying one or two of the following and installing it/them in your bathroom.

image.pngimage.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/17/2020 at 12:58 PM, Zipmeister said:

I also loved the Rubber Bowl. To help refresh your memories I suggest buying one or two of the following and installing it/them in your bathroom.

image.pngimage.png

Don't forget to install them so everyone (usually teenage girls) can see it whenever the door is open. It was always fun seeing first timers realize that...

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

That's a different Mark Price

The next thing you're going to tell me is the "Craig J. Ehlo" that's compiling for Kent State football articles isn't really the former NBA player.

and I think that timeline was in conjunction with a 2014 article he wrote about the Acme Zip game, a year before the Potato Bowl.  

What's Dre doing photographing and posting 6 year old articles?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 1:52 PM, Captain Kangaroo said:

The next thing you're going to tell me is the "Craig J. Ehlo" that's compiling for Kent State football articles isn't really the former NBA player.

What's Dre doing photographing and posting 6 year old articles?

This website is a ghost-town with less than a dozen post a day if even that and you questioning my post/contribution?

Yall are full of s-h-i-t

Edited by dre22era

1 hour ago, dre22era said:

This website is a ghost-town with less than a dozen post a day if even that and you questioning my post/contribution?

Yall are full of s-h-i-t

I beg to differ. Rather than full, crap constitutes a relatively small percentage of the human body.

https://www.emedicinehealth.com/ask_how_much_does_poop_weigh_in_your_body/article_em.htm#ask_a_doctor

Go Zips

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Twitter having  Rubber Bowl nostalgia party!  Maybe we can find a buyer!  😂

If you didn't know what this was and someone told you it was a former sports stadium in Chernobyl, you would believe them.

Not sure why, but I just had a flashback to playing NCAA Football 2005. They had this Mascot mode where you're entire team was the respective school's mascot. I always had a team full of Zippy's vs whomever - Brutus, whatever the hell they named the bird with teeth to the east, etc. - in the Rubber Bowl. That 2005 Snow Bowl vs KSUcks was my favorite Rubber Bowl memory. 

Little did we know 2 years after that game came out, Zippy would literally beat all the mascots nationwide to win the 2007 Capital One Mascot Challenge. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Not sure why, but I just had a flashback to playing NCAA Football 2005. They had this Mascot mode where you're entire team was the respective school's mascot. I always had a team full of Zippy's vs whomever - Brutus, whatever the hell they named the bird with teeth to the east, etc. - in the Rubber Bowl. That 2005 Snow Bowl vs KSUcks was my favorite Rubber Bowl memory. 

Little did we know 2 years after that game came out, Zippy would literally beat all the mascots nationwide to win the 2007 Capital One Mascot Challenge. 

LOL I remember that and thinking "Who sits here and actually plays this mascot mode?"

No offense Let'sGoZips92 haha

Man I miss those games. I'd rename all the players to current Zips. They had NCAA basketball too.

I aint gonna lie, I was a pretty good coach on those.

10 minutes ago, Spin said:

Man I miss those games. I'd rename all the players to current Zips. They had NCAA basketball too.

I aint gonna lie, I was a pretty good coach on those.

I don't play games much anymore, but if Akron is included in the revival game coming out this year (I think), I'll buy!