Bowl has been sold for huge profit!

Wally B

If the U of A AD had PERIODICALLY spent money to update the Bowl they could have saved a helluva lot of money. To sit in the stands and watch,it wasn't a bad place. Obviously, Info hasn't dragged in the throngs of students as advertised.

How much money would they have had to spend periodically? The UofA budget for athletics runs between the amount of money it takes to buy a Kit Kat and a three ring binder.

Here is what I know from a lifetime of working in the building industry. The most expensive structures to maintain are concrete. Any repairs always come in over budget...frequently, twice the cost. Then, try to maintain a 70 year old structure on a faulty foundation and see what the costs would be. It isn't they didn't update the RB...It's they didn't build a stadium on campus 20 years ago.

The reason Info was built had as much to do with the City of Akron almost closing the dump for safety reasons as it did to draw students.

I just feel like any amount of money the investment group puts into the Rubber Bowl, they will never get back in profits from the USFL team. While I think the league's unique structure might give it a chance, too many of these leagues fail. Still seems bizarre that the group bought a run down stadium, when Infocision one of the nicest stadiums in the country is right across town. Definitely a place that could use a spring tenant and wouldn't conflict with the Zips. Probably didn't want to lose out on concessions, but in reality the $ spent to fix it up will be much more loss.

I hate to say it, but most Akron residents will see the Fire the same way they do the Zips. Where the Buckeyes overshadow the Zips, the Browns will overshadow the Fire.

Back in November the gate was wide open for a number of days! It appears that a number of people got in! I saw it open twice and once i later saw a huge man door open about 3 feet. I know a buddy who went in and got pictures of the mess throughout. Plus he got to sit in his "seat" one last time!

Big announcement tomorrow, apparently. Will the RB get a dome? Will it then re-named the Con-dome? Stay tuned.

My article is coming and should be published in Akron Life Magazine or online in the very near future, but I thought I share a little bit here for you guys. (Zach Read my twitter --ParkerPerry_

-The new owners of the Rubber do want to put a dome on the place, however that will happen (if it does) in the far future.

-They want to keep the name "Rubber Bowl", however with copyright laws and rules it is going to be tough. I felt they really do want to keep the name though

-The USFL is looking to make a major announcement "Monday", which I am assuming means tomorrow. I don't know what it is about, however I figure it has something to do with actually starting the league. It may even invite players to sign up for tryouts.

I think something that is important to remember about about the USFL is that it was a very successful league before Trump got a hold of it. When it was played in the spring people loved it. But when greed took over and they tried to compete against the NFL, things got rough and eventually killed them. It can work, if they have communities support of course.

My article is coming and should be published in Akron Life Magazine or online in the very near future, but I thought I share a little bit here for you guys. (Zach Read my twitter --ParkerPerry_

-The new owners of the Rubber do want to put a dome on the place, however that will happen (if it does) in the far future.

-They want to keep the name "Rubber Bowl", however with copyright laws and rules it is going to be tough. I felt they really do want to keep the name though

-The USFL is looking to make a major announcement "Monday", which I am assuming means tomorrow. I don't know what it is about, however I figure it has something to do with actually starting the league. It may even invite players to sign up for tryouts.

I think something that is important to remember about about the USFL is that it was a very successful league before Trump got a hold of it. When it was played in the spring people loved it. But when greed took over and they tried to compete against the NFL, things got rough and eventually killed them. It can work, if they have communities support of course.

If they really wanted to be successful, they need to find a way to partner with the NFL to become a developmental league.

You have set off my Bull Shit detector.

But that's OK; everything else about this deal stinks to high heaven also.

If they really wanted to be successful, they need to find a way to partner with the NFL to become a developmental league.

They tried that with the World League of American Football. Remember the Ohio Glory? (BTW, why didn't the helmet cam catch on with the NFL?)

And the UFL. The "Ultimate Failure League".

They tried that with the World League of American Football. Remember the Ohio Glory? (BTW, why didn't the helmet cam catch on with the NFL?)

And the UFL. The "Ultimate Failure League".

They also had NFL Europe

If you read the article, you will see that the league is building stadiums and going to provide housing for its players/ coaches. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the UA players hate the Rubber Bowl because it was so far away from campus? There is no place to build housing close to the bowl here so history will repeat itself. Also, if the league is building new state of the art stadiums how in the world can Akron compete? No matter what you do to the 75 year old Rubber Bowl it isn't going to be a nice, new, attractive 20,000 seat venue! I see this a giant epic fail long before it ever begins!! Sad! I was really hoping to go and sit in "my" seats again!