Baseball 2013

ZachTheZip

This season we're playing almost as many games at Canal Park as we are at Lee Jackson Field.

9 @ Canal Park; 11 @ Lee Jackson.

Good move.

Both Walsh & Malone have fields much nicer than Lee Jackson. (Edit: by "field" I mean a fan-friendly facility.) It's really rather embarrassing.

Honestly, most high schools have nicer fields than Lee Jackson. I live near Lake High School's facility & it blows Lee Jackson away. It'd be tough attracting top talent playing solely @ Lee Jack.

It's great to see more games at Canal Park. Better for everyone involved. My guess is everyone with Akron (especially players and coaches) would love to play all their games there but scheduling conflicts with the Aeros are hard to avoid.

More doubleheaders. ;)

• 2 months later...

I post this video for several reasons:

1) The Zips have had a somewhat frustrating season (especially in conference), but they're starting to get it going down the stretch.

2) I love to beat Pitt at anything.

3) Beyond the "pitch", how often to we get to hear "and the Zips defeat the #17 ranked......."

4) Y'inz don't get to hear the Pittsburgh accent enough around here n'at. Just jaggin' :D

• 4 weeks later...
If adidas could work tire tacks into the design of new uniforms for the Zips I know a couple of our fine young fashion-conscious board participants would likely have moist dreams.

Looks like the Houston Astro's finally cleaned out the Astrodome storage rooms and sold the U of L those hideous uni's.