Of Demetrius Treadwell and hosiery

GeorgeThomasABJ

“I got this crazy checkered pair that I wore earlier this season,” he said. “People really weren't paying attention, but they were crazy and checkered with orange and yellow green and a whole bunch of different colors, I like that pair a lot.”

We all know exactly what socks he is speaking of. IMO, insert a photo of that pair in the article. Image should relate to text. Other than that, nice spin on the article.

“I got this crazy checkered pair that I wore earlier this season,” he said. “People really weren't paying attention, but they were crazy and checkered with orange and yellow green and a whole bunch of different colors, I like that pair a lot.”

We all know exactly what socks he is speaking of. IMO, insert a photo of that pair in the article. Image should relate to text. Other than that, nice spin on the article.

Good point. The story's photo shows Tree sporting an outrageous pair of solid black socks. :lol:

But good article. I enjoy the insight into Tree as a person.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I just sent Tree a 'tweet' with your idea. I think this is a GREAT one!!

Well, the ESPN talent crew made a big thing out of DemeTreeous'es hosiery. They were especially hyperbolic about the Hawaiian luau socks he had on during Friday's semi-finals. Anybody catch a shot of those? I might like to find a pair myself on eBay. :D

I rewatched it today. They said they thought the entire Zips team shopped at the thrift store clearance section. He also said he thinks Tree dressed in the dark. lol

I've always preferred teams all wear matching socks/shoes in school colors. But, surprisingly it doesn't bother me to see some crazy stuff worn by the Zips. Let them have fun and I'm glad to see fans sporting crazy socks on gameday.

Hopefully the NCAA doesn't penalize any of our players for their socks. I know they have a long list of uniform rules and seem to like to crack down on stupid violations.