Attendance for Bracketbuster

taxpayer

Great crowd for the BGSU game...loved the players pictures in the student section. The game time atmosphere is getting to be where we'd all hoped it would be and that's providing the Zips with a better home court advantage. Great job by all!

UA has an opprotunity to showcase ourselves Friday night; SELL IT OUT and keep the streak going by beating NDSU.

This one will be interesting. With a virtually unknown opponent this time around, will the momentum of the winning streak keep them coming? Or, was a well-know conference opponent and bobbleheads the difference maker?

No one cared about a watching a Hipsher-esque level BG squad. And while the bobble heads helped, over 5k stayed to watch the game (not grab their toy and run).

The bandwagon is essentially full. The opponent doesn't matter. Expect another 5k+ crowd Friday night. Thanks to the team and staff for turning games against even the most mundane opponent into an electric evening. Congrats to Brad Swanson for his Marketing efforts.

The perfect storm is brewing as we speak. It will be a fun ride to the MAC finals. :rock:

No one cared about a watching a Hipsher-esque level BG squad. And while the bobble heads helped, over 5k stayed to watch the game (not grab their toy and run).

The bandwagon is essentially full. The opponent doesn't matter. Expect another 5k+ crowd Friday night. Thanks to the team and staff for turning games against even the most mundane opponent into an electric evening. Congrats to Brad Swanson for his Marketing efforts.

The perfect storm is brewing as we speak. It will be a fun ride to the MAC finals. :rock:

I appreciate the kind words. We have a great team of people working on spreading the word about this team and Zips Athletics as a whole. The special accomplishments of the team certainly make our job easier and help generate interest.

With that said, we have some work to do for this weekend's game. Because the game details were just announced recently and our fans waited to purchase tickets until those details were available, we are a bit behind the normal pace we would expect in order to have a crowd like Saturday. We need your help to encourage people to come out!

I appreciate the passion those on this board show for the Zips! I read this frequently and hope I can provide helpful details to certain discussions when it is appropriate.

Go Zips!

There is a Facebook event for the game. I think it's being run by the AK-Rowdies. I don't have the link, but if Zips fans can find it and invite their entire friends list to it, that's a great (and easy) way to get the word out to hundreds of people.

Here it is. https://www.facebook.com/events/113200565529751/

I warn you that these events do not always pull in the largest 'joiners'. 41 at this point is pretty large believe it or not (it's been up for less then 24 hours). That show me that there is a lot of interest in the game from students.

I invite you all to join and/or invite your friends.

Here it is. https://www.facebook.com/events/113200565529751/

I warn you that these events do not always pull in the largest 'joiners'. 41 at this point is pretty large believe it or not (it's been up for less then 24 hours). That show me that there is a lot of interest in the game from students.

I invite you all to join and/or invite your friends.

The events are usually thrown together within 24 hours of tipoff and don't allow enough time for a lot of people to join. This one has all week. Just keep sending out invites.

Just checked ticketmaster for tickets and I was happy to see only 2 tickets left in the lower reserve...both singles.

Upper reserve (outside of the ends) had some sporadic single seats but the ends higher up had plenty plenty of seating.

Looking forward to another 5K to watch the Zips take down NDSU.

I recall that you've been overly optimistic in the past about Bracketbuster attendance. Some of those games ended up being major disappointments.

But, if ever there was a time where an unknown opponent might draw a good crowd, this could be that time.