Bobcat Promotion for UA Game

ZZZips

Is that the O-H, I-O they're doing? BTW, couldn't OU sue Tosu for that 'cheer'? I suppose it's not considered a trademark like logos/uniforms are.

I'm no Ohio fan, but that's a pet peeve of mine. Most of Columbus State's cheers are for Ohio, not Ohio State.

Often, when someone says, O-H, I'll reply "I-O - Go Bobcats!"

I've always thought the O-H-I-O chant is uncreative and ironic. What happens when OhioU comes to town? Do they realize they are cheering for the opponent? Do they still have the band do the lame cursive Ohio on the field? My guess is the arrogant view from OSU fans and fake students is that MAC schools "aren't a real school" and "don't matter".

I've always thought the O-H-I-O chant is uncreative and ironic. What happens when OhioU comes to town? Do they realize they are cheering for the opponent? Do they still have the band do the lame cursive Ohio on the field? My guess is the arrogant view from OSU fans and fake students is that MAC schools "aren't a real school" and "don't matter".

Um, yes they still do it. It's their signature routine.

The Ohio lawsuit, by the way, covered cheerleader uniforms. OSU's cheerleader uniforms said "Ohio" rather than "Ohio State" and OU had/has a trademark on that word for purposes of athletic competition. OSU didn't fight it because it was a slam dunk case.

I don't know, but if I recall correctly the guy that wrote "Yes yes yes we do, we got spirit how 'bout you?" is living pretty well now-a-days, exclusively off the residuals.

Did OU patent the O-H-I-O chant? If anything, I would guess OSU has it patented. Could be wrong, as I know Michigan's band is the first one that performed script Ohio.

The Ohio lawsuit, by the way, covered cheerleader uniforms. OSU's cheerleader uniforms said "Ohio" rather than "Ohio State" and OU had/has a trademark on that word for purposes of athletic competition. OSU didn't fight it because it was a slam dunk case.

I thought it was the track uniforms...maybe it was both. There's a lot of infringement on OU's trademark for sure, I can sympathize (a little) with them on that.

It was a cancellation proceeding, not a lawsuit. tOSU wanted to be able to continue sell goods marked "OHIO" even though OU had a federal registration for that mark. It ended up being decided in OU's favor, and tOSU ceased offering those types of goods.