Thinking bigger ... in all aspects

odhgibo

This turned into a support thread. :D

Which is fine. I realized at the outset that I probably was in the minorty.

His quirks wouldn't bother me so much if he were the color commentator but, as the play-by-play guy, they are front and center every game.

(I'm not even going to start on the quality, or lack thereof, of Dunn's "analysis.")

I have all of Frenchy's calls from those last minute wins at the Q over the years saved on my computer. I didn't have a video feed of the win over Toledo a few years ago but listening to Steve made you think you were watching the last game of the NBA Championship. Put me down as a supporter.

Why am I all of a sudden picturing KD with a "I <heart> French & Dunn" T-shirt over his shirt and tie when he comes out one of these times for the post-game interview? I think the T-shirt idea is a "Go!" :thumb:

How about adding "R U kidding ME?!?!" and "... get outta here with a win." on the back?

French has a "style" which is kind of cool among announcers these days. He isn't over the top, doesn't try to "Sportsenter it up" and does what a radio announcer is supposed to do: paint the picture, give time, score and where the ball is on the floor.

Not liking his style is one thing, saying he is bad at what he does is misguided and ignorant.

As far as other announcers in the MAC I actually think there are some decent ones. Ohio has a nice crew, Miami and WMU also. I think Can't does a good job too.