Colllege Scoreboards - #24?

skip-zip

I'm looking at ESPNs schedule of games for today. Many of the teams have their ranking number next to their name, but not Akron.

Are other sites showing it the same way? Could it be that the AP is the recognized ranking for this purpose? Does anyone know? This is unprecedented territory for us, and I was curious is anyone knows.

I was hoping to see that 24 next to our name today.

I'm looking at ESPNs schedule of games for today. Many of the teams have their ranking number next to their name, but not Akron.

Are other sites showing it the same way? Could it be that the AP is the recognized ranking for this purpose? Does anyone know?

That particular page/listing uses the AP rankings. That's also used by almost all others as well.

Go to the Akron-Ohio Recap page on ESPN here and look to the bottom right where they give MAC East standings. Shows Akron with the #24 before it.

That is cool to see but the AP rankings are the ones that are generally accepted. So how could the Zips get in there this week? It's possible but a few things have to happen. First the Zips have to beat Buffalo. Not likely the Zips are passing any team above number 20 and either all of the teams above the Zips also won this week or did not play a mid-week game so in order here are the possibilities.

#20 Butler @ VCU - VCU is ranked one spot above the Zips so it would probably be better for the Zips to have Butler win. Tough game and if Bulter loses it is possible that both they and VCU make the top 25.

#21 Notre Dame @ #22 Marquette - One of these two is probably knocking the other out of the top 25. Probably doesn't matter who

Villanova @ #23 Pitt - possible upset but not a great chance of it. Villanova really needs this to stay on the bubble though so maybe

Oregon State @ #24 Oregon - don't see this upset as being too likely

Utah State @ #25 LA Tech - USU is not bad but still not a likely upset

(#26) Colorado State @ Boise State - Chance of an upset at least

(#27) VCU (previously discussed)

(#28) AKRON! - Best chance for an upset for other teams was Wednesday.

So our best shot is to have CSU and VCU lose and that will put us in. Others losing just gives us a better chance.