WTF!?!?!?

MDZip

I hope to god this isn't what I think it is but George Thomas just tweeted

George Thomas ‏@GeorgeThomasABJ

@ZipsMBB @abreu1123 arrested on unspecified charges, suspended pending outcome of the investigation, Zips spokesman confirms.

I know this is only Twitter but this looks bad:

Phil Trexler ‏@PhilTrexler

Narcotics agents with Akron PD arrested Abreu with a large amt of marijuana today during a controlled buy

If this is true, way to flush a whole GD great season down the toilet.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow guys, I just heard.

I've admired the Zips season from a far and Zeke's mom often tweets me during our games to let us know she's rooting us on. You guys looked really, really good so far this year, and then this.

I'm so sorry guys, I can't imagine how this feels. I really hope your guys can pull through for Zeke in his senior year and get to the NCAAs. Alex is a big part of what makes you go, but you guys have a lot of talent. I'll be rooting for you!

Condolences from VCU and the Ram Nation. I know Shaka has been really rooting and shouting out Coach Dambrot for awhile now.

Hope Abreu can get things together and learn from what looks like a really awful decision.

http://courts.ci.akron.oh.us/cases/akronco...CASENUM=1302345

If I'm reading this correctly he's being charged with a third degree felony. Pretty sure we've seen the last of Alex Abreu in an Akron uniform. Absolute shock doesn't even begin to describe it. This just set the program back five years.

It looks like two counts. 3f for drug abuse and 3f trafficking.

So does this mean your point guards are Carmelo and Deji? Does Blake Justice see playing time?

So very disappointed. This certainly makes the end of year quite interesting. Hard to believe an athlete can be so stupid. I used to wonder if Roy Tarpley sat around thinking up stupid things to do but I continue to learn it isn't just Roy Tarpley.

Hard to believe a kid who talking about winning championships here and always was so excited when the Zips were on national tv so his friend back home could see him would be so selfish.

I guess we should all be grateful we have the JC point guard transferring in next year.

So does this mean your point guards are Carmelo and Deji? Does Blake Justice see playing time?

So very disappointed. This certainly makes the end of year quite interesting. Hard to believe an athlete can be so stupid. I used to wonder if Roy Tarpley sat around thinking up stupid things to do but I continue to learn it isn't just Roy Tarpley.

Hard to believe a kid who talking about winning championships here and always was so excited when the Zips were on national tv so his friend back home could see him would be so selfish.

I guess we should all be grateful we have the JC point guard transferring in next year.

My guess is Betancourt starts and Deji backs him up. Deji has seen time - albeit limited time - at the PG position this season.

This is one heck of bump in the road. So sad. So foolish. So selfish.

Carmelo needs to step up now. No more slacking off and not putting in the effort.

Can DeJi get it done? Time to give Reggie McAdams a chance on the point. He played point for his HS team his senior year.

KD is enamored with mini-sized point guards. McAdams at 6'-7" is a huge adjustment for Dambrot.

My heart goes out to the team, coaches, families, friends. An incredibly selfish, short sighted act.

Alex is gone. Permanently.

What a disgrace. I am so disappointed.

Any chance Chauncey could play point? He showed his ability to penetrate against Miami. I think he deserves it with his character, the way he has represented the school, and his senior leadership.