Friday night hangout?

zip81

For Friday night - the owner of the Huron Point Tavern (formerly Alesci's and next to the Clevelander) at the intersection of Huron, Prospect and E. 9th, is having specials for Zips fans. On Friday night, anyone wearing Akron gear can buy domestic drafts or bottles for $2 (reg. $3.50 to 4.50) and Imported drafts or bottles for $3 (reg. $4.50 to $6.50). The also serve great, homemade Italian food.

I was at the Clevelander last year and many were complaining about high beer prices, so I asked the owner of Huron Point if he would cut Akron fans a break.

Hope to see you there and Go Zips!

Way to take the inititive! 3.00 import draftss sounds really sweet.

For Friday night - the owner of the Huron Point Tavern (formerly Alesci's and next to the Clevelander) at the intersection of Huron, Prospect and E. 9th, is having specials for Zips fans. On Friday night, anyone wearing Akron gear can buy domestic drafts or bottles for $2 (reg. $3.50 to 4.50) and Imported drafts or bottles for $3 (reg. $4.50 to $6.50). The also serve great, homemade Italian food.

I was at the Clevelander last year and many were complaining about high beer prices, so I asked the owner of Huron Point if he would cut Akron fans a break.

Is this true about the beer specials??! I love going to Huron Point for Indians games!

The beer prices were definitely an issue for many people at the Clevelander last year, among other things. I just really think they took advantage of the fact that they were going to have a pre-established crowd.

I know quite a few people are going to jump all over this Huron Point alternative. Nice work.

[i know quite a few people are going to jump all over this Huron Point alternative. Nice work.

Thanks.

Just dropped off the Akron flags and an AK-OLDIES banner to the owner. He is "Zip-friendly."

I took a peek inside the Clevelnader and they did remodel, although it really doesn't look that different. It's open, though.

I also confirmed the beer prices. Everything is a go. I reminded him that the discount is only for those wearing Akron gear!

Say hi to Jeff if you go in.

[i know quite a few people are going to jump all over this Huron Point alternative. Nice work.

Thanks.

Just dropped off the Akron flags and an AK-OLDIES banner to the owner. He is "Zip-friendly."

I took a peek inside the Clevelnader and they did remodel, although it really doesn't look that different. It's open, though.

I also confirmed the beer prices. Everything is a go. I reminded him that the discount is only for those wearing Akron gear!

Say hi to Jeff if you go in.

[/quot

Can't wait to see the banners and hang with some fellow Zippers!