2013 MAC Men's Basketball Tournament

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tale of two halves. First half Ball State was hitting everything from the outside, crashing the boards hard and getting all of the 50/50 balls. Second half, Buffalo was hitting everything from outside (especially Will Regan), crashing the boards hard and getting all of the 50/50 balls. Makes you wonder if the teams didn't exchange jerseys in the halftime locker room.

It may be wise to keep a body on Regan. Ball State was always a step slow on defense. Have a nice bus ride back to Muncie and thanks for playing.

Regan had time to take a nap on a couple of those shots. Ball State doesn't have a big who is willing and/or able to step out and defend a stretch 4 like Regan.

That said, Regan had the game of his life. You won't see another game like that out of him in his entire career. IF we see Buffalo on Friday Javon McCrae still has to be your first, second and third priority on defense.

Option C: The game to mercifully end.

Eastern is absolutely un-watchable. I hate their style of basketball. That second half was brutal. Is it any wonder they struggle to get 500 people to come to their games?

This is where I stand. I had the game on for about five minutes. That was all I could take.

Basketball is supposed to be an entertaining past time.

Why does Ohio get the easier run the MAC championship?

K.e.n.t should have a war with Buffalo tonight. And should Buffalo beat K.e.n.t, they'd be playing for the 3rd night in a row. So I don't think the Zips have it too bad. Neither opponent has a deep bench, will be somewhat tired. And Tree and Zeke will be fresh.

I really can't decide.

Do I want to play the "lesser" overall team (Buffalo) who would be playing their 3rd game in 3 days, but played great against us during the regular season?

Or

Do I want to play the "better" overall team (Ken+) that would be playing their 2nd game in 2 days, but didn't play that great against us in the regular season?

Buffalo doesn't play many players. I would HAVE to think that fatigue would get the best of them this time around.

I've finally given up on "wanting" one or another opponent to win for a "better" matchup with the Zips. First, I've finally realized that my wanting has no effect on the outcome of the game. :) Second, under the category of be careful what you wish for, sometimes the team I want turns out to be tougher than expected. Both Buffalo and Can't have proven this season that they're capable of playing the Zips tough. I'm just looking forward to seeing the Zips play a great game tomorrow night against one or the other worthy opponent, and hoping the other team's fatigue isn't offset by the Zips' rustiness from not playing for a week.

K.e.n.t couldn't have wished for a better scenario than playing us 24 hours after we lost our starting point guard.

This is exactly what I keep thinking about. I hear some of the local media talking about how hot Can't is, etc., but they played us a day after our world was rocked, without our starting point guard, and they beat us by 4.

Let KD revise his line-ups to keep a sharp shooter out there with Carmelo and the players some time to gather themselves, and we're OK.

The other thing i like is that, if we win on Friday, Saturday's opponent likely won't leave the Q until after midnight.