Basketball Scheduling

I recall reading on a post about a possible agreement between the MAC, Missouri Valley Conference and CAA (Colonial Athletic Association - home of George Mason) agreeing to work together to schedule games and perhaps spark some new rivalries among the upper-mid-major programs. I thought this was a good idea, since The Valley and CAA most likely are in the same spot as MAC schools and have a difficult time getting the "Majors" to play them - let alone come to their arenas. Has anyone heard anything new on this subject?By the way, I'll list the teams in both The Valley and CAA. I think there is a lot of potential for very interesting matchups here (well, I guess anyone's better than Mount Union or Baldwin Wallace!)Missouri Valley Conference:BradleyCreightonDrakeEvansvilleIllinois StateIndiana StateMissouri StateNorthern IowaSouthern IllinoisWitchita StateColonial Athletic Association:U of DelawareDrexelGeorge MasonHofstraJames MadisonUNC WilmingtonNortheasternOld DominionTowsonVirginia CommonwealthWilliam and MaryWhat's The Nation think? Who would you guys like to see come to the JAR? Go Zips! :rock:

Someone posted earlier about the CAA, MVC, WAC, and MAC taking their top 6 teams and playing each other non conference. That is a great idea if true. Kind of what the Bracket Buster was supposed to be. The Bracket buster has not turned out like I originally hoped. Put what 5 games on ESPN or ESPN2. The other games make no sense. Let each conference pick their top 5-6 teams and have team get a home game and each get a road game. Good way to build RPI for the conference.

It's a great idea. We could perhaps even schedule 2 home and 2 away games per year. That would make 4 quality, marketable and competitive non-conference games per season. I just know we need to do whatever we can to bring in some interesting OOC games to the JAR. Hosting Nevada next year is a big step in the right direction. Add a Creighton, Southern Illinois, Witchita State or George Mason to the Nevada game and you've got a very good OOC schedule at the home!

What, no games against Walsh, Capital, Mt. Union? The best thing would be to play 4-5 games at home before christmas and make them against teams that are mid majors and good. That would energize the community and bring out some major crowds and get them in the habit of coming out to games.