VCU Vs. Akron

lance99

Anyone who saw the beatdown that VCU put on Butler realized how good they could be. I had them beating Michigan and almost took them to beat KU. They are an elite team, which didn't play up to capability for stretches throughout the year.

Akron would have done better against many, many other teams in the tournament. The draw was horrible.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, no negativity allowed here. It's been a great experience.

Christ.

It's not negativity. It's piling on the team that you supposedly love when they are hopelessly outmatched.

The wheels came off. The team is thoroughly defeated and humiliated. Wallowing in the sad reality of this ridiculous beat down doesn't help anything.

My heart goes out to the team.

@Keener I don't think these guys were as outmatched tonight as they were outcoached. Sad to say but Shaka is a much better coach. How else do you explain losing by 1 in OT last year to a worse Zips team and then not scoring enough points in an entire game to beat their point total at the half.

I hate this. For a number of reasons.

What I hate most right now is the embarrassment. A lot of people think I'm a little weird for being a Zips fan anyway (when being an OSU fan is so easy). I was starting to get a few converts this year, but now this may just bring everything back to ground zero.

@Keener I don't think these guys were as outmatched tonight as they were outcoached. Sad to say but Shaka is a much better coach. How else do you explain losing by 1 in OT last year to a worse Zips team and then not scoring enough points in an entire game to beat their point total at the half.

I am not defending tonight's coaching at all, but the VCU team speed made the Zips look like they were in super slo-mo.

It is easy to explain.

We are down FOUR players. Two starters and the guy who subs for Zeke. We are only half the team that lost to Buffalo to break the streak.

AND

VCU is a Final Four team. Expect them to go FAR.

Besides which, they simply could not miss. You can't beat that.

I respectfully but completely disagree. With Alex and Quincy this is a different game. Not saying we win, but having ball handlers makes a difference.

Never in a million years would I have seen this. I was telling people today I thought Akron had a really good shot at winning.

Didn't this team beat us by 1 on a tip-in at the buzzer last year?

I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

I was telling everyone who questioned my bracket that Akron knew the pressure would come and was going to handle the turnovers.

Yes, Akron had a missing PG and flu problems.

Yes, VCU shot the lights out and would have probably won anyway with that kind of shooting regardless of the turnovers and lack of rebounding.

No, I can't deal with the writing being on the wall about "havoc" and doing nothing at all about it.

It's not negativity. It's piling on the team that you supposedly love when they are hopelessly outmatched.

The wheels came off. The team is thoroughly defeated and humiliated. Wallowing in the sad reality of this ridiculous beat down doesn't help anything.

My heart goes out to the team.

Call it what you want, it's how some of us feel. And that's one of the reasons the forum is here.

I've been through 47 years of disappointments with the local college and pro teams, besides soccer. Some of us longer than that. We don't need you to tell us how we should feel right now. Maybe tomorrow or next week things will look different, but right now, I feel like I feel.

Get over it.

Call it what you want, it's how some of us feel. And that's one of the reasons the forum is here.

I've been through 47 years of disappointments with the local college and pro teams, besides soccer. Some of us longer than that. We don't need you to tell us how we should feel right now. Maybe tomorrow or next week things will look different, but right now, I feel like I feel.

Get over it.

Negativity is fine. Whoever it was that I quoted (not you) was just plain miserable. No need to come on here and throw yourself a pity party because you went to an NCAA Tournament game.

It totally blows to go out like this, but it was a great season. After Abreu's arrest, conventional wisdom declared the Zips' season dead in the water. I did not hear many voices proclaiming that all was well and that the Zips were still the favorites to win the MAC Tournament. Before the final regular season game, I heard a lot of people saying we had no chance. We were done.

They went to Cleveland and did what most said was impossible. Totally rose to the occasion. I hope that when the sting of this embarrassing loss to VCU lessens a little, we can all appreciate what the guys DID accomplish this season.

Right now it just hurts.

I hate to break it to you all, but VCU probably would have beaten any team in the Dance tonight.

They just shot the lights out. It was actually unnatural.

I don't think the negativity is about losing. It's about losing by just under 50 on a national stage.

A young, depleted Zips team fulfilled the bad matchup predictions in the worst way. A series of unfortunate events.

:champs::cry::(

It will hurt less when VCU goes to the Final Four and probably beyond. There is no dishonor in being slapped down by the best team in the tourney so far.

fixed that for you.

Agree with the others that I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow.

But I'll probably still wear my Zips gear.