Describe The Zeke Years

GP1

Transformative.

Zeke coming to Akron did a lot for the program. Sometime you don't always see the results of a players time at a school until they leave. The big thing Zeke coming to Akron did was tell other really good players that it is OK to play at Akron. We are getting better players than ever and are winning more than ever. The program has been transformed in to a better program. The next to years are important as the impact of Zeke's years will start to give way to results on the court in coming years. We need to take these transformative years and make the program even better.

Transformative.

Zeke coming to Akron did a lot for the program. Sometime you don't always see the results of a players time at a school until they leave. The big thing Zeke coming to Akron did was tell other really good players that it is OK to play at Akron. We are getting better players than ever and are winning more than ever. The program has been transformed in to a better program. The next to years are important as the impact of Zeke's years will start to give way to results on the court in coming years. We need to take these transformative years and make the program even better.

IMO, you've nailed it GP1. To me, this correctly characterizes the past few years and what needs to happen next.

Obviously GP1 nailed it.

It was fun to watch him develop, and hopefully we get to continue to watch him progress in the NBA. Please Cavs, please...

When the guy was on his game, it was a blast. The MAC Championship against Can't probably stands out to me the most. There's just nothing better than seeing shots blocked, or guys storm to the hoop, then back off when they saw him standing there. If that type of intimidation doesn't get you going, you're not a basketball fan.

He'll be missed, but I'm glad he decided to be a Zip.

WINNING

Sure, we didn't win 'em all and we came up short in 2 NCAA tourney games. But we also won our only 2 MAC regular seasons ever and we won 2 out of 4 MAC Tourney championship games, both of them pulling away in the end (and the 2 losses were in OT and by 1 point).

Under Zeke, the Zips simply won more games in a 4 year period than ever before at the D-1 level. His distractors will point to his less than dominant scoring average, but Zeke didn't put up huge scoring numbers at McKeesport, so this really shouldn't have been a huge surprise. He did manage to pick up his rebounding and scoring by his senior year enough make a difference on that end of the floor as well. UA has he best program in the MAC right now and much of this is because of Zeke. Best of luck to you, big guy!

Fun

Call me greedy, but I wish we could have won more for Zeke. But as far as individual accomplishments I think he exceeded my expectations and think he deserves a banner in the JAR. The program has been better since his arrival but I don't think we'll ever see another Top100 recruit. Keeping my fingers crossed, although very unlikely, that he ends up in the Wine & Gold at the next level. He will be playing somewhere just hopefully not for the Heat, Pistons, or Clippers!

• 2 weeks later...

EA of the PD weighs in, albeit with more than one word (and at least one factual error - Reggie is taller than 6'4").

MAC titles, yes. Postseason success, none. That is true for both Akron and Marshall.

There’s no question the Zips sit at the top of the MAC, and they have been there awhile. Marshall, with his 13 points and 7 rebounds per game and a MAC-record 368 blocked shots, has had a huge role in that.

However, the coach is hopeful for the return of 6-6 Quincy Diggs, the 2012 MAC Sixth Man of the Year who was suspended for a violation of Akron’s student conduct code. Combined with incoming junior college point guard Nyles Evans, the Zips will become more athletic on the perimeter while remaining strong on the baseline.