Chase Blackburn Signs with Panthers

Luke Kuechly.

Thanks. Solid player who has room for improvement and I think pick up will help him. LBs are like WRs in that they are only as good as the one next to them. Chase will make Kuechly better because teams will have to pay attention to him and scheming against one LB will be difficult.

Thanks. Solid player who has room for improvement and I think pick up will help him. LBs are like WRs in that they are only as good as the one next to them. Chase will make Kuechly better because teams will have to pay attention to him and scheming against one LB will be difficult.

I really like him. He is a tackling machine. Cancer survivor as well, so he is a guy that is easy to root for.

• 6 months later...

I grew up in north Jersey and I've been a Giants fan all my life. That being said I'm glad Chase is no longer with the Giants. They have always treated him poorly. Chase went from being a team captain in 2009 to not being signed in 2010. When the Giants finally picked him up in 2010, he was an integral part of their winning a championship. Not many people can say they picked off a ball from Tom Brady in a Super Bowl. Then after that, they treated him like trash again.

I remember all the critics calling him the worst starting linebacker in the nfl. I would ask them what they can call the worst starting linebacker in the nfl. I would answer he's a starting linebacker in the nfl with two Super Bowl rings.

I grew up in north Jersey and I've been a Giants fan all my life. That being said I'm glad Chase is no longer with the Giants. They have always treated him poorly. Chase went from being a team captain in 2009 to not being signed in 2010. When the Giants finally picked him up in 2010, he was an integral part of their winning a championship. Not many people can say they picked off a ball from Tom Brady in a Super Bowl. Then after that, they treated him like trash again.

I remember all the critics calling him the worst starting linebacker in the nfl. I would ask them what they can call the worst starting linebacker in the nfl. I would answer he's a starting linebacker in the nfl with two Super Bowl rings.

Hixon got his first catch of the season and Chase got a tackle or two.

Nice homecoming.

They treated Chase like crap, and Hix treated them like crap. Paid him for two years he did not play at all, then he jumps ship.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Chase is promoted to special teams coordinator

The Carolina Panthers’ staff shakeup continued this week when the team did not renew the contract of special teams coordinator Thomas McGaughey, according to team sources. The Panthers will promote Chase Blackburn, the former Giants and Panthers linebacker who assisted McGaughey the past two seasons.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2018 at 10:34 AM, Dr Z said:

Chase is promoted to special teams coordinator

The Carolina Panthers’ staff shakeup continued this week when the team did not renew the contract of special teams coordinator Thomas McGaughey, according to team sources. The Panthers will promote Chase Blackburn, the former Giants and Panthers linebacker who assisted McGaughey the past two seasons.

What was his final year at Akron? 2004?  Too bad he wasn't around for 2005. Talk about a guy who made himself a solid NFL player. Lasted a long time on the field. Wonder if he has any head coaching aspirations? Ummm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K92 said:

I bet if Chase came to Akron to be special teams coordinator we would see immediate improvement.  Oh, to dream. . .

Prob not much of a stretch to assume a NFL special teams coordinator > special teams coordinator at a middling G5 program.

• 3 years later...